Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: cant get the smoke tune to work.

Default cant get the smoke tune to work.

I have tried several different set ups and nothing seems to work, can somebody tell me why its not working. The truck is a 2004 LB7 with a PPE boost fooler. Also a DSP5 switch the smoke tune is the 4th setting. The base tune is the Clean 100 from the tune directory.

Thanks
    Shawn
    Attached Files Attached Files
    98 silverado 4wd excb 5.7l, zz4 cam,roller rockers, shorty headers, 0411 swap, Flash Scan V1 commercial

I'll take a look at it after finals this week lol

Thanks
    98 silverado 4wd excb 5.7l, zz4 cam,roller rockers, shorty headers, 0411 swap, Flash Scan V1 commercial

Smoke tunes usually will not work on a non-vvt charger the same way as a VVT because you have no control over boost with a non-vvt charger, once it lights the charger the extra air will lessen the smoke.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Is there any way to safely do it with a fixed vane turbo? I tried reducing timing by 30% and giving it A ton of fuel that did not work either?

You could drop the timing WAY back as well as ower rail pressure WAY down and make the engine inefficient and miserable to make smoke, but why? They do nothing but give diesels a bad name when they just sit there and pour out smoke. I'll admit that I played around with it early on, but after realizing how this stuff is used agaianst us as a whole I refined my tuning so that the smoke you see is tire smoke.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Quote Originally Posted by THEFERMANATOR View Post
    You could drop the timing WAY back as well as ower rail pressure WAY down and make the engine inefficient and miserable to make smoke, but why? They do nothing but give diesels a bad name when they just sit there and pour out smoke. I'll admit that I played around with it early on, but after realizing how this stuff is used agaianst us as a whole I refined my tuning so that the smoke you see is tire smoke.
    I agree with you entirely, however this on a DSP switch and he only wants it for playing around.

I sell a LB7 smoke tune BUT it is hard on the motor but it will make it blow alot of black smoke!! I never recommend smoke tunes for all the reasons already posted but I can make one smoke if someone just insists.

Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    I sell a LB7 smoke tune BUT it is hard on the motor but it will make it blow alot of black smoke!! I never recommend smoke tunes for all the reasons already posted but I can make one smoke if someone just insists.
    Didnt know you had to try so hard to get one to smoke!

Quote Originally Posted by haulinit View Post
    Didnt know you had to try so hard to get one to smoke!
    You pretty much have to tune the engine to an unsafe point of timing, PW, and rail pressure to acieve this on an LB7 that it just isn't really worth it.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast