Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: January 24th 2011 pre-release

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default January 24th 2011 pre-release

This pre-release is beta software. We've tested it in controlled environments, however there may still be some minor issues. You should only update/use this pre-release in environments where failure can be tolerated and/or recovered using other processes.

The V7.5 software is available here:
    http://download.efilive.com/Software....146_Setup.exe

The V8 software is available here:
    http://download.efilive.com/Software....138_Setup.exe
    IMPORTANT: The new firmware is V2.07.04 which is the same version number as the firmware available in the publicly release available from our downloads page. That means you will not be automatically notified to update the firmware.
    Please remember to update the firmware in your FlashScan and your Customers' AutoCal devices to V2.07.04 (dated Jan 23, 2011). You must use EFILive Explorer to update the firmware.

The firmware update also requires that you update all script files (*.obj files) that exist on your FlashScan (or your customers' AutoCal) devices. Failure to update the script files will result in error $050B Script file not supported by current firmware version.

The easiest way to update the script files on your devices is to:

1. Connect your FlashScan or AutoCal device to the PC.
    2. Run the EFILive V8 Scan and Tune software.
    3. Select the F5: BBX option.
    4. Click on the [Read] button to read the current setup of the attached device.
    5. Click on the [Program] button which will cause all outdated files to be updated.

It is not necessary to save the BBX Options file after performing the above procedure.

This update contains fixes for most of the problems that have been reported in the previous pre-release software and firmware. If you have reported a problem and discover that it has not been fixed in this pre-release, please create a support ticket explaining the problem in detail here: http://support.efilive.com/

Updates available in this pre-release:

• Added read/flash support for Cummins controllers. Reading is available to all users, editing and flashing is currently only available to the Cummins Beta group.

• Enhanced and optimized BBx read and flash scripts to make BBx more robust.

• BBF for CAN controllers is now up to 2 times faster. You can select the Fast CAN option in the EFILive_ScanAndTune software in the "F6 Devices" window on the Options tab page. It should be selected by default when you upgrade to the new firmware.

• When saving a *.ctd file that has just been uploaded from a controller, the V8 software now defaults the name of the file to the stream name.

• V8 pass-thru and BBx Full-Flashing support added for: E38, E78, E39, E37, T42 and T43.

• Changed the way controllers are selected in the BBx settings. Controllers are now selected the same way as when starting a pass-thru read.

• When opening *.ctd file externally, eg: by double clicking on it in Windows Explorer and the EFILive V8 software is already running, the file will be opened in the already running instance of the EFILive software.

• Unsupported PIDs no longer prevent BBL sessions from starting. If a BBL session contains unsupported PIDs, their values will be displayed as N/A in BBL mode and as a flat-line of zero (or the PID's equivalent of zero) in the V7 Scan Tool.

• Incorrectly defined PIDs no longer cause data logs to produce garbage data. If a PID is not correctly defined for the target controller the PID will be identified and the log will not start.

• \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace\*.htx files are now saved with each attempted pass-thru read or flash operation in V8. The *.htx files are V8's the equivalent of V7's *.blx files.

• Enhanced *.ini file handling to cater for different localizations. The enhancements allow PC's with localization settings that use a comma as a decimal separator and/or that have varying date formats to be able to read/write consistent data formats to EFILive's *.ini files.

• To maintain consistency, EFILive's stream names for the following controllers have changed:
      • LB7 has been changed to E54
      • LLY has been changed to E60
      • LBZ has been changed to E35A
      • LMM has been changed to E35B
      • LML has been changed to E86

• During the V8 software install, the following config files are deleted:
      • \MyDocuments\EFILive\V8\Trace\*.htx
      • \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config\*.pmm
      • \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config\*.obj
      • \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config\*.bix
      • \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config\*.bix
      • \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Controllers\Alerts\*.htm*
      • \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Controllers\Identify\*.dat
      • \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Controllers\Images\*.png
      • \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Documents\*.pdf
      • \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Documents\PID Descriptions\*.txt
      • \Program Files\EFILive\V8\Documents\PID Descriptions\*.htm*

Known issues for this pre-release (these will be addressed in a future update):

• LS1A is not auto-identified, you must right click and select it prior to V8 pass-thru reading.

• DMA PID's for the E39/E78 cannot be logged from V7 Scan direct, BBL is the only way to capture DMA PID's.

• AutoCal auto-locking is only available for the E38 controller, other controllers will have AutoCal auto-locking implemented soon.
    Last edited by Blacky; January 30th, 2011 at 01:41 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

I like the new BBL controller selection! It's really nice and easy now.

BBF/BBR controller selection allows the user to select 2 controllers??? when 2 controllers are selected the software uses the last controller selected. This should really only be one controller at a time to eliminate confusion.

Pid list and controller names are being save correctly now.

V8 is looking for and saving options.txt in the tmp folder instead of the config folder now...
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

what happened to the downloads lol

they were "temporarily removed".... :p

I already installed these.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Lifetime Member

Dang I missed out, oh well another update will probably be here soon!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Don't worry, it wasn't a major flaw discovered, the update should be posted up within 24hrs.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by bballer182 View Post
    BBF/BBR controller selection allows the user to select 2 controllers??? when 2 controllers are selected the software uses the last controller selected. This should really only be one controller at a time to eliminate confusion.
    It's the same concept as choosing a controller to read in the Tune section. You can select engine controllers on the left and trans controllers on the right. However, only one of them can be ticked with a green tick. You can select which one has the green tick by clicking on the image. Compare that with the BBL selection where both controllers are always ticked. If you want to unselect a controller, just re-select it from the pop-up menu.

I'm pretty sure it just remembers the last used folder. It may be possible that prior to you updating the software the last remembered folder was the temp folder. Anyway I'll take a look to see if I can make it fail that way consistently.

Regards
    Paul

Got a slight issue with the latest release. Now I know I'm running an "unsupported OS" but was hoping for a hint or two.

EFILive_Tune.exe 7.5.6 build 146

In previous versions, ( at least up to build 139 ) when starting Tune tool with the V2 plugged in and with the above OS, I got access to the VVE tables. With the current version the application scans for the V2 (indicated by the V2 waking up and the display coming on) but I no longer get the VVE tables listed, just as if I'd started Tune tool without the V2 connected.

Any ideas on this one?

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Got a slight issue with the latest release. Now I know I'm running an "unsupported OS" but was hoping for a hint or two.

EFILive_Tune.exe 7.5.6 build 146

In previous versions, ( at least up to build 139 ) when starting Tune tool with the V2 plugged in and with the above OS, I got access to the VVE tables. With the current version the application scans for the V2 (indicated by the V2 waking up and the display coming on) but I no longer get the VVE tables listed, just as if I'd started Tune tool without the V2 connected.

Any ideas on this one?

Simon
    Its probably a mistake I made in the licensing for V7. I had to redo a lot of the license code to support the new Cummins licensing options in FlashScan.
    I'll take a look at it and get it fixed asap.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast