Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stock tune with EGR/ emissons removed

Default Stock tune with EGR/ emissons removed

Hello out there.

I am biting the bullet and buying a Flashscan V2 for my truck. My truck is currently running a full banks big hoss kit and looking to increase the efficiency of the airflow through the engine.

I already have the banks ram air intake and have been told the mouthpiece to the turbo is as good as it gets. So I plan to install a 3" hot side turbo to intercooler pipe and then an ERG delete intercooler to engine pipe and 3" turbo downpipe. All these parts are mandrel bent and flow at least 50% or more better that stock.

I am looking to keep the banks six-gun tuner that I have installed as I like to be able to shift power setting on the fly with the PDA. So I am looking to use EFI live to download the stock tune, alter the EGR settings/codes and reinstall back on the truck.

I have been advised to pull the banks tuner prior to using efi live so it's got a direct connection to the trucks computer and not through the six-gun.

Any ideas if this will work etc? Or has anyone tried it. I am aware that You can go completely over the top with EFI live and produce enormous amounts of power, but I am not looking at that yet.

Lifetime Member

Get rid of all of the banks electronics completely! EFILive can switch tunes on the fly. Up to 5 can be programmed into the ECM.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

I understand I can put a base tune into ECM and then have 4 different tables to alter the base tune for different results. Like I said tho. I am not looking into that at the moment,

I Plan to do what I need to do with the egr delete and then I can have a play with the EFI program later. Can anyone take me a few screen shots of a tune that is loaded in to EFI-live??? I have downloaded the EFI-live test program and also downloaded a stock tune just to see what it looks like, but you can't see the important part as it's locked off which is a bit of a bugger.

Lifetime Member

EFILive that you download is a full featured program. It does, and shows everything that a licensed version would do. The only thing that a non-licensed version doesnt do is save changes to a tune file.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

Well I downloaded efi live V8.2 and V7.5.7 direct from their website so I could have a play and don't seem to be able to view the stock tune I downloaded from diesel place.com

Any suggestions?

Lifetime Member

What format was the file in? If it isnt a .tun, .ctd, or .bin you cant open it with EFILive. If it is a .ctd, you need to open the V7.5 Tune tool then open the file that way. V8 does not have the editor or scan tools yet, still in development.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    What format was the file in? If it isnt a .tun, .ctd, or .bin you cant open it with EFILive. If it is a .ctd, you need to open the V7.5 Tune tool then open the file that way. V8 does not have the editor or scan tools yet, still in development.

So long story short use V7.5 not V8

Lifetime Member

Well no, since V8 is in development you need to use V7.5 for scanning and editing. You can flash your truck with V8, it is faster actually than V7.5 is. And you have to use V8 for updating your V2's firmware and loading the standalone reading, flashing, and logging parameters.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

There is a little known issue with the LBZ tunes on the diesel place. All of them on there as far as I know were uploaded before the ability to full flash an LBZ tune became available. So they don't have all the necessary data in them to do the full flash. The solution when full flashing first became available was to open the tune and re-save it; then it contained all the info needed to do a full flash. As EFILive was updated, somewhere along the line, it lost the ability to open those tunes that didn't have all the full-flash data. Someone with an older version needs to open those tunes and re-save them so they are again available to everyone. One version I know that can open such tunes is 7.5.5 build 84. Hope this helps....
    2007 Sierra Classic GMC, Crew Cab, SB 2500HD SLT, Blocked and Fingered, 45 Gal. TransferFlow Tank, Nitto Terra Grapplers 285/75/16 on stock wheels, B&W Turnover Ball hitch, Air Lift Air bags.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Well no, since V8 is in development you need to use V7.5 for scanning and editing. You can flash your truck with V8, it is faster actually than V7.5 is. And you have to use V8 for updating your V2's firmware and loading the standalone reading, flashing, and logging parameters.
    For a guy who has EFILive for a short period of time, I would just leave him on V7.5 for the time being untill he starts getting familiar with the software then go into V8 for all BBx setup and firmware.
    Last edited by bballer182; June 18th, 2011 at 09:53 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast