Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 06-07 5.9L Feature Request List

Lifetime Member

The current development list looks like:

In Progress

• Speedo adjustment - Not consistent between trucks. Appears to work on some, not others.
    • MIL / DTC disable list, GM style

Noted, no firm time frame:

• Switchable tuning (i.e DSP for Cummins).
    • Removing the fan and viscous clutch without DTC's - Test Truck Required.
    • Sensor scaling for oil pressure, voltage, coolant temp
    • Adjust the temp at which the grid heater fires, and the duration
    • Adjust the temp at which the fan clutch engages, and level of engagement
    • Adjust the overhead mileage readout
    • Enable the B20 fuel filter option (Bio Fuel)
    • Adjust the fuel pump duration at key on
    • TPS voltage table...so we can adjust TPS sensativity.
    • TCC/OD Sol perf P1740 (torque converter clutch/overdrive solenoid performance) parameters.

Features Dependent on V8 Scan Tool Development

• DVT controls (V8 Scan Tool feature)
      • Injector kill test (V8 Scan Tool only)
      • Torque converter lockup and force 4th gear for dyno tuning the automatics. (V8 Scan)

• BBL
    • **Option enables; high idle, fog lights, wheel size. All non ECM functions; will be investigated for complexity when V8 infrastructure is finalised. **There is a possibility these will NEVER be supported.

More Information needed

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    [/LIST]

More Information needed

[LIST][*]Adjust the factory high idle not talking about the pto idle up . Change out side temp and engine temp of when it kicks in these truck have set to low;
    More information needed from testers, or technical research on your end? Because I'd be willing to help all I can for the above issue.

Thanks,
    -Andrew
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    More information needed from testers, or technical research on your end? Because I'd be willing to help all I can for the above issue.

Thanks,
    -Andrew
    For starters we need to understand what the request is in more detail, and if it applies to specific trucks or all trucks/years.

Cheers
    Cindy

For starters we need to understand what the request is in more detail, and if it applies to specific trucks or all trucks/years.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I have an 03, but I hope I can speak for the rest as well. If the ambient temps are below ~40* it will idle at 750rpm for a min, the idle up to 1000rpm.

It will idle up/down based on some input, and does not seem to be affected by coolant temp. It will shut off and idle back to 750rpm when the brake is depressed, or it senses vehicle speed.

At coolant temps below ~30* it will start and ramp right to 1000rpm, but after its warmed up the above will happen.
    03 6spd

Exactly what BlackCPG said. If I use all the tables in EFI to limit the truck not to idle above 750rpm, it still will to 1000rpm as stated above in certain conditions.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCPG View Post
    I have an 03, but I hope I can speak for the rest as well. If the ambient temps are below ~40* it will idle at 750rpm for a min, the idle up to 1000rpm.

It will idle up/down based on some input, and does not seem to be affected by coolant temp. It will shut off and idle back to 750rpm when the brake is depressed, or it senses vehicle speed.

At coolant temps below ~30* it will start and ramp right to 1000rpm, but after its warmed up the above will happen.
    exactly. as we discussed in another thread, i suspect there is another variable in the idle control loop tables and im guessing its IAT

on a side note, i noticed there was no estimate given for turning on the manual/PTO high idle option, any info there?
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

07 6.2L Yukon Denali - CAI, CAT delete, self tuned with EFI Live

03 Trailblazer 4.2L I6 - CAI, custom exhaust, EFI live

2010 Laramie 3500 CC LB 4x4 - H&S, DPF delete, waiting for EFI Live.....

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCPG View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    Exactly what BlackCPG said. If I use all the tables in EFI to limit the truck not to idle above 750rpm, it still will to 1000rpm as stated above in certain conditions.
    Thank you both for the explaination. That makes more sense now. Ross will take a look and see where we can slot it.

Quote Originally Posted by skneeland View Post
    i noticed there was no estimate given for turning on the manual/PTO high idle option, any info there?
    As listed above

**Option enables; high idle, fog lights, wheel size. All non ECM functions; will be investigated for complexity when V8 infrastructure is finalised. **There is a possibility these will NEVER be supported.

While the term 'non ECM function' may not be a correct description for the high idle function, it's still in the right grouping.

Cheers
    Cindy

The current development list looks like:

In Progress

• Speedo adjustment - Not consistent between trucks. Appears to work on some, not others.
    • MIL / DTC disable list, GM style

Noted, no firm time frame:

• Switchable tuning (i.e DSP for Cummins).
    • Removing the fan and viscous clutch without DTC's - Test Truck Required.
    • Sensor scaling for oil pressure, voltage, coolant temp
    • Adjust the temp at which the grid heater fires, and the duration
    • Adjust the temp at which the fan clutch engages, and level of engagement
    • Adjust the overhead mileage readout
    • Enable the B20 fuel filter option (Bio Fuel)
    • Adjust the fuel pump duration at key on
    • TPS voltage table...so we can adjust TPS sensativity.
    • TCC/OD Sol perf P1740 (torque converter clutch/overdrive solenoid performance) parameters.

Features Dependent on V8 Scan Tool Development

• DVT controls (V8 Scan Tool feature)
      • Injector kill test (V8 Scan Tool only)
      • Torque converter lockup and force 4th gear for dyno tuning the automatics. (V8 Scan)

• BBL
    • **Option enables; high idle, fog lights, wheel size. All non ECM functions; will be investigated for complexity when V8 infrastructure is finalised. **There is a possibility these will NEVER be supported.

More Information needed

Cheers
    Cindy
    So since there has been considerable progress since January, are things like Wheel Size and high idle items that will be looked into after v8 scan tool Development AND completion of 10+ and 03-05. Tire size is one thing that I really would love to see over anything else(personal preference).
    2007 5.9 SBT & ATP Tuning

I meant to ask as well, do you currently offer tire size adjustment for Chevy's? Thanks-Corey
    2007 5.9 SBT & ATP Tuning

Speedo calibrations are in the abs module and not the ECM in the Dodges.
    Dan's Diesel Performance
    www.dansdieselperformance.com

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast