Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 06-07 5.9L Feature Request List

DVT controls in the scan tool would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Supposed to be a way for the dealership to see if the ECM has been tampered with. Most of the box tuners wipe this clean every time you write the ECM. Smarty was one of the only ones that did not mess with counts, so in theory the dealer couldnt tell that you had or have had a programmer.

BTW, its a counter that counts the number of key-on cycles.

~Les
    Thank u

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    DVT controls in the scan tool would be awesome!
    That will depend on the capabilities of the ECM, GM has very good DVT controls written in to the ECM code, not sure on Cummins (yet).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Record PID's to sd card though Blue V2. Also put anti theft option on Blue v2 hand held that has a no start though canbus plug connector where we will not need a laptop

PID selection like the GM selection (select each individual PID instead of "groups.") And are the injector balance rates being ironed out? They're not reading correct. All of the stated speaking of the ScanTool.

Thanks,
    Andrew
    Last edited by FUBAR; June 21st, 2011 at 12:36 AM.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    PID selection like the GM selection (select each individual PID instead of "groups.")
    Can't be done, this is a limitation of the Cummins ECM, it's how they designed the scantool communications for that ECM. If anyone is familiar with the old ALDL data bus on 80's GM cars it uses the same principal of sending data. As users we have a limited choice in what data we want to log because the ECM will only send data back in predefined groups.
    Unfortunately this means you probably need to compromise in your choice of data vs logging speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    And are the injector balance rates being ironed out? They're not reading correct.
    Yes, fixed for the next release.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Many thanks!
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Sensor scaling for oil pressure, voltage, coolant temp would be nice. That would turn the dash gauges into useful tools instead of the ok/too late indicators they are now.

Lifetime Member

All dash guages are fully customizable, I dont know how the Cummins data is but if you get a data readout (like C or F for temp) in the scan tool data page F:9 then you can map a gauge to it by right clicking and creating a new gauge.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

He's refering to gauges on the real dash, not the virtual dash.

There are several gauges on the Dodge "real" dash that are simply over size idiot lights.

Take the oil pressure for example. It does not actually measure the trucks real oil pressure. The "sensor" is a nothing more than a Hobbs switch. As soon as it sees 5 psi of oil pressure, it closes the circuit and this turns out the idiot light.

From there, the ECM "calculates" oil pressure based on engine temp and RPM. 99% of the time it's not even close. On my real oil pressure gauge, I see 25 psi at idle and 75 psi under heavy throttle. The dash gauge is always at 40.

The voltmeter is correct, the fuel gauge can be scaled, the coolant temp is correct, and the oil pressure can't be scaled because it does not have an actual sensor.
    Last edited by DoghouseDiesel; June 27th, 2011 at 07:19 PM.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast