Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: L92 4L70E work around

Default L92 4L70E work around

http://www.becontrols.com/products/electronicscat.htm

The above TCM is stand alone with a harness and hooks to the electronic pedal and the 4L70E. Seems reasonable at $600. So...

1.If I wire this together, can we then tell the E38/L92 via EFI live its now a manual transmission and ignore the tranny feedback?

2. Am I now losing the VVT capability since there is no ISS communication?

Thanks. Any help appreciated!!!!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 68problemchild View Post
    http://www.becontrols.com/products/electronicscat.htm

The above TCM is stand alone with a harness and hooks to the electronic pedal and the 4L70E. Seems reasonable at $600. So...

1.If I wire this together, can we then tell the E38/L92 via EFI live its now a manual transmission and ignore the tranny feedback?

2. Am I now losing the VVT capability since there is no ISS communication?

Thanks. Any help appreciated!!!!
    Is your setup giving you troubles as is still?

Sadly. Things were going OK but what I thought was a fuel starvation issue turned out to be a torque management signal coming on at high rpm. (I changed the fuel pump up to a Walbro 255 anyway).

This became very evident as we put the car on the dyno, began tuning and it started making real horsepower, enough for it to enter some type of torque protection mode. Please see the other post below on the car hitting a torque management issue at 6000 rpm. I put up a log and tunes. Throttle blade closes and spark begins to retard turning my nice dyno rise into ski moguls.

Thanks so much for any ideas you may have. You guys have been great to me.
    Last edited by 68problemchild; May 28th, 2011 at 03:41 AM.

Lifetime Member

Sadly. Things were going OK but what I thought was a fuel starvation issue turned out to be a torque management signal coming on at high rpm. (I changed the fuel pump up to a Walbro 255 anyway).

This became very evident as we put the car on the dyno, began tuning and it started making real horsepower, enough for it to enter some type of torque protection mode. Please see the other post below on the car hitting a torque management issue at 6000 rpm. I put up a log and tunes. Throttle blade closes and spark begins to retard turning my nice dyno rise into ski moguls.

Thanks so much for any ideas you may have. You guys have been great to me.
    If I recall correctly didnt your L92 ECM and TCM come from Speartech?

Incidentally, if you go for a seperate trans controller you will need to run a manual cal in the ECM. Manual cal = no VVT.

Yes the tune and controllers came from Speartech. He said to contact HP tuners.......

Lifetime Member

What ECM/TCM OSs are you running currently? Have you set {B2523} to Yes? How is your traction control button setup (ie what do you do to disable TC)? Sounds like a Traction Control or StabiliTrak issue coming into play when it makes some power.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks so much for your reply.

E38 OS12617631
    T42 OS24239927

B2523 is set to "yes" BUT Taz took a look at the tune and JUST turned this to YES. It was no before. The car is locked up at the Dyno guys place this holiday weekend. We will definitely run this tune Tuesday with the YES set in.

Good call on the traction control. I have no button set up and did not know this existed. Is there a way to disable traction control in the tune or did this change do it?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE LIFE SAVERS!!!!!
    Last edited by 68problemchild; May 29th, 2011 at 05:59 AM.

Lifetime Member

We just ask you take a video and post it online of you burning a 20ft long black streak down the road. Deal?

Good to hear you're setting it to yes, that should help. But I think in order for that to make a difference, we first need to disable traction control. How I understand B2523 works is when you turn off TC, it then disables BTM. So find a way to disable TC permanently and BTM will also be disabled.

What factory GM vehicle has that ECM OS? We need to see how that vehicle handles the traction control button, hope its an input but it might be transmitted over the databus.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Lifetime Member

Thanks so much for your reply.

E38 OS12617631
    T42 OS24239927

B2523 is set to "yes" BUT Taz took a look at the tune and JUST turned this to YES. It was no before. The car is locked up at the Dyno guys place this holiday weekend. We will definitely run this tune Tuesday with the YES set in.

Good call on the traction control. I have no button set up and did not know this existed. Is there a way to disable traction control in the tune or did this change do it?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU GUYS ARE LIFE SAVERS!!!!!
    Odd that B2523 was set to "NO". Havent seen a factory tune since E40 with this at "NO". But that tune has it set to "NO" from when you got it by the looks.

In a conversion with no traction control if this setting is set to "NO", as traction control is "OFF" anyway (no CAN message for traction control function from non existent ABS sets traction control to "OFF"), then Brake Torque Management comes in. Your BTM table was set to 512Nm which for a truck is probably fine. So maybe it was hitting this wall and stopping. What is B2501 set to?

Lifetime Member

My TBSS came that way from GM, I know all TBSSs using the E67 have it set that way so I assume so do the 4.2L and 5.3L that use the E67 are that way too.

Ah thanks for the heads up on TC, good to know about B2501 too. What are B0515-B0531 set to? Id set them all to No so TC cant touch the throttle, spark, or fuel.
    ~Erik~

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast