Thread: LMM DSP5 EGR Referencing?

Default LMM DSP5 EGR Referencing?

I'm trying to get my DSP5 to work in my LMM, and I'm noticing that on the Custom Calibration tables there is only "EGR OFF" tables, so does this mean that with EGR enabled it will reference the base tunes "EGR On" Tables? If so will just setting EGR control to "Disabled" fix this? Thanks for any help.

Good question.
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

I can tell you one thing.. there is definately a problem with a DSP5 LMM tune I've been working on.. even after setting all possible extreme ranges to disable EGR, I have the ECM referencing the EGR OFF Boost table but using the EGR ON Vane position table.. this is a VERY big problem.. DSP5 OS bug perhaps??

Quote Originally Posted by Black6spdZ View Post
    I can tell you one thing.. there is definately a problem with a DSP5 LMM tune I've been working on.. even after setting all possible extreme ranges to disable EGR, I have the ECM referencing the EGR OFF Boost table but using the EGR ON Vane position table.. this is a VERY big problem.. DSP5 OS bug perhaps??
    I've got a LMM which seems to have the same problem. I've tuned 2 other LMMs before the current one with no problems. OS 8594, what OS do you have?
    07 El Bee Zee
    Little faster than stock...

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by North Maine View Post
    I'm trying to get my DSP5 to work in my LMM, and I'm noticing that on the Custom Calibration tables there is only "EGR OFF" tables, so does this mean that with EGR enabled it will reference the base tunes "EGR On" Tables? If so will just setting EGR control to "Disabled" fix this? Thanks for any help.
    yes, you are correct. If the EGR is ON, then it will reference the base tune EGR ON tables.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black6spdZ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DmaxHawk View Post
    I've got a LMM which seems to have the same problem. I've tuned 2 other LMMs before the current one with no problems. OS 8594, what OS do you have?

we've got him straightened out in another thread. Not a DSP OS bug.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME