Thread: Auto ve for e39

Default Auto ve for e39

I just carried my Terrain in to have a calibration update at the dealer. Now since I submitted the os to customer support I can now read VE when I couldn't before. Does auto VE work with this OS. If so can some one tell me how? This car is running rich.

Lifetime Member

Look up in the E38 section Auto VVE, no new GM ECM since 05 (after E40s) has a true VE table just VE coefficients. The Virtual VE table needs to be edited in order to dial fueling in.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Can you elaborate? I am new to this whole thing. I know that I need to log some data before I can do anything but I am trying to understand this all before I do anything. I know what VE stands for and means. But Isn't there a way to adjust the ecm so it has a tighter grip on the fuel mixture?

On an E39 if you are still running the MAF, stock exhaust etc there is no need to mess with the VE coefficients, the ECM will get the mixtures spot on to it's target, GM has already spent years getting these calibrations 'dialed in'. If you are running rich then the dealer needs to get that sorted for you. The question is how do you know it's running rich? You would need to put a Wideband O2 sensor in the exhaust to determine this. If it's just because it's using too much fuel than expected then that does not necessarily mean it's running rich.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

The problem with dealerships is if there is no check engine light then they say there is no problem. I haven.t seen too many gas burning engines soot up the back of the vehicle when running right. If you watch the oxygen sensor the voltage is running rich most of the time. And the oxygen sensors on these new vehicles are wide band sensors Aren't they?