Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lost V2

Lifetime Member

WOW, They still sell AutoCals, but I guess there isn't anything stopping anyone from doing that.

-Jusitn

They might be just selling there remaining stock don't know for sure
    Just puting it out there
    97 2500 ecsb 5.7l/4l80e/4x4 411 pcm /thorley tri-y's/dual super 40's with x (catless)/aem cai/msd 6a and coil/zz4 cam/beehive spring/lm-1

stock sucks

I'm apparently a little slow, but just to make sure I understand.

The $99 cost is paid at the time you order a new v2 or do I pay that now to protect my interest? If I purchase it today, can I update the VIN licenses as I purchase more licenses?

Like Ben said, I want to make sure I don't lose my VIN licenses if I had an issue and would be willing to pay $99 today if that provides some sort of insurance.
    Tony - 09 LMM

Lifetime Member

Should your V2 be rendered unusable, your V2 needs to be sent to New Zealand, you need to purchase a new scan tool along with the License recovery service to reconstruct your investment. You do not need to do anything ahead of time.

Should your V2 be stolen or misplaced this service is not available. It is only available in instances where the original V2 can be shipped back to us. In all other cases, you will need to ensure your insurance cover is adequate.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    Should your V2 be rendered unusable, your V2 needs to be sent to New Zealand, you need to purchase a new scan tool along with the License recovery service to reconstruct your investment. You do not need to do anything ahead of time.

Should your V2 be stolen or misplaced this service is not available. It is only available in instances where the original V2 can be shipped back to us. In all other cases, you will need to ensure your insurance cover is adequate.

Cheers
    Cindy
    You should consider a stolen v2 insurance option, I know I would pay if it was reasonable.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by TDFDiesel View Post
    You should consider a stolen v2 insurance option, I know I would pay if it was reasonable.
    EFILive specializes in developing software. We are not experts in insurance underwriting and policy making. That task is best suited to a professional insurance firm.

For workshops, FlashScan and AutoCal is just like any other piece of equipment in their workshop - tools, dyno, stock on hand etc. It is the responsibility of the business owner to make decisions around insurance.

The concept of EFILive offering insurance for a consumer is like Sony offering insurance on the new television set you purchased for your home.

Cheers
    Cindy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123