Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost V2

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    are streams transferable?
    No. If you have a damaged FlashScan V2 (or stolen perhaps) and have more than the two included VIN licenses and/or Stream licenses you are best to take advantage of the License Recovery Service. This involves the purchase (only available from EFILive Direct) a FlashScan V2 Scan Only product (US$499 at time of this post) and the License Recovery Service (US$99 at time of this post). We then get your backup file and build the new device with existing licensing maintained.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Well.. i was mainly inquiring for, if someone had a stream on their v2, if I could send them to efilive and have all the eggs in one basket!
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Well.. i was mainly inquiring for, if someone had a stream on their v2, if I could send them to efilive and have all the eggs in one basket!
    Sorry, not sure what you're meaning?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by adeso View Post
    Don’t think I can claim something I dropped out of my truck?? besides I have a 1K deductible.
    So if I understand the situation ... your V2 was dropped from your vehicle (or somehow fell out) ... was lost or damaged ... and you are asking EFILive to assist with cost of replacement ??

That's a bit like driving your vehicle into a tree, then asking GM to supplement the cost of repairs.

Regards,
    Taz

Taz, my gas pedal got stuck and i had NOOO way of stopping the vehicle, GM OWES ME! lol... jjk..i tried not to OT, but couldnt resist!

Carry on
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne View Post
    No. If you have a damaged FlashScan V2 (or stolen perhaps) and have more than the two included VIN licenses and/or Stream licenses you are best to take advantage of the License Recovery Service. This involves the purchase (only available from EFILive Direct) a FlashScan V2 Scan Only product (US$499 at time of this post) and the License Recovery Service (US$99 at time of this post). We then get your backup file and build the new device with existing licensing maintained.
    Im a bit confused at how the License Recovery Service works... Do we have to "register" with you first, so you guys can keep on record what we have into our V2's?

Im wondering because I have more money into my V2 than the majority of personal users do (tons of individual licenses, as well as Duramax stream licenses) so I would probably have a meltdown if my V2 ever got lost/damaged. I just want to make sure im covered...I can deal with spending a couple hundred bucks on a new V2, but to replace my individual licenses and my stream-licenses would break the bank!

Ben
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Basically you purchase the Scan Only product and the License Recovery Service. On your system is a backup of all the licenses on your FlashScan device. If you come to needing to use this option we get that file from you and build a new FlashScan V2 at EFILive with all the VIN and Streams from your failed device. Basically when you get the new device aside from being clean and new it will have everything you had on the original preserved.

Because the device needs to be custom built/provisioned this is ony available from EFILive in New Zealand directly.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

That's right. There are check and balances to avoid abuse of the service. Also worth noting is that the original device must be sent to EFILive before the replacement device is shipped.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

New Zealand, Can't I just drive it down to Ira ?

LOL

-Justin

Lifetime Member

Ira and Fish Tuning are no longer associated with EFILive. Simply put, we terminated our arrangements with them.

They no longer ship our products.
    They are no longer an authorised point for repairs or warranty on our products.
    They no longer manage our authorised resellers network.
    They no longer sell any of our products in an authorised capacity.

The license recovery service is ONLY available directly from EFILive.

Cheers
    Cindy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast