Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stock ls7 with procharger 6psi 65# injectors tune help

Default Stock ls7 with procharger 6psi 65# injectors tune help

Hello everyone. I am putting a P-1sc procharger tuner kit on my 07 Z06 w/ 65# injectors and wanted to see what suggestions you all might have for how to go about tuning it. Any information would be great. Thanks.

Lifetime Member

Buy an EFI Live V2, Buy and install a wide band oxygen sensor, buy some dyno time.

-Justin

Yeah no doubt. I already bought efi and it is set to be here tomorrow. I've played around with the demo program and just wanted to see if anyone had some example tunes or any ideas

Lifetime Member

Once you get your v2 you can read out your stock tune, until then check out Tune file depot.com/

Innovate Motorsports - Wide Band Oxygen Sensors/

Yes, sign up for Gregs next GM class and attend it. Until then don't touch your car. You can get the videos also, they will start you in the right direction, but you are playing with a combination that will not be very tolerant of mistakes, so do all the above before you try to actually do anything. (Calibrated Success) search that in google and it will get you what you need.

Well I actually switched to ID850's and meth injection and was able to figure it all out. I learned a ton of things about the E38 along the way that many people watching Greg's DVD's would get confused and cause problems. Like for instance him saying that every table in grams, grams/second, or grams/cylinder need to be scaled. Doing this can cause many issues. For instance, halving the minimum idle airflow table. This table actually has nothing to do with airflow/fuel delivery and everything to do with throttle position. I plan to post an informative report on everything I have learned along the way. As far as telling someone to not go for something they are interested in and capable of without taking a several thousand dollar class or two 250 dollar dvd's, I disagree. All depends on a person's background and knowledge of controllers and systems. So glad I went for it and gained the knowledge I did. If only one senior member was willing to help, I probably wouldn't have learned as much as I did. So from one non senior member to another, he is right that those classes and dvd's will help you tremendously if you have no knowledge of these systems. But if you have a very technical background, just study the tables and go for it.

Lifetime Member

Thanks for posting back. Sounds like the dvd is pretty good, I am going to purchase it soon. Look forward to you posting up some more of what you learn along the way.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

RR23, thanks for posting back

I think you may have missed something. Those tables are directly related. In the base running airflow table you are telling the PCM what it is so that it will adjust accordingly. If you scaled your system you need to scale everything with air/fuel that is based in g/sec. When you don't fix that you are reporting that way more air is coming through then it actually is, remember when you scale you have also changed the size of your engine for the purpose of scaling. I have scaled several E38 and I have not had an issue by scaling that table. I will say this though, just because someones title says Senior Tuner, don't take that as anything. That is how many times they have posted. Corvette Forum does the same thing, you have guys on there all day posting who don't know a rocker arm from a pushrod but they are considered experts because of the amount of posts they have. Yet when a Corvette Engineer from the plant logs on for the first time and gives someone some great info he is looked down on because he is a newbie on there, like that makes his imformation worthless or something. You will never see allot of posts from me, and I will probably not ever make it to senior tuner, I am here working and clibrating cars, not surfing forums. So I am not trying to take anything aways from some of those senior tuners who are very good, but all I am saying is don't take that title as having any actual meaning. I know Greg and ot trying to jump on a band wagon, but he has been doing this for a long time, and was a calibrator for GM, he knows what those tables are. I went through his class and the explanation was very clear of what tables need to scaled when scaling and which ones don't, the table you mentioned, needs to be scaled.

I will say this, the video can be confusing the first time through because there is allot of information, I watched it a couple of time and then went back to different sections if I had a question. It is obviously easier in the class because if you have a question or are not sure about something it can get answered right then.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast