Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stock ls7 with procharger 6psi 65# injectors tune help

Lifetime Member

J.Abbott I'll try to get you to 40...........LOL

I try to have straight forward advice, buy a v2, buy a WBO2

Why would you have to scale everything unless you max out your injector value ?

-Justin

Justin,
    Wasn't really going after you so to speak.
    The only reason you would ever want to scale is if you run out of air on the MAF or injector sizing is too big for the PCM to recognize. When you scale you lose resolution and resolution helps keep everything smooth. So you only want to scale if you have to, and really now that is on the older E38's. The newer 09 up has more room to work with.

Lifetime Member

It looks like he did max his injector value. Looks like 7.999 g/s is it.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

I have not looked at his cal, but if he maxed the injector value then he will have to scale it. When you scale it anything with g/sec has to be scaled, don't forget to look in transient fuels, it has to be done also. Remember you are tricking the PCM about how much mass is moving through it, so all of it has to jive.

Lifetime Member

J Abbott, If you know your stuff please stick around lol. Dont know if you are a pro or not. Doesnt really matter. Ive read a ton of great posts from 2005-2008 here from some really good guys who knew their stuff. Dirk Diggler, DFE1, RHS etc etc. It was great to read what those guys wrote. They dont come around anymore, wish they would. So if you are in their league stick around.
    1997 S10, 06 trailblazer SS LS2 swap, 4L70E trans, 76mm turbo. Factory ZQ8 suspension. 3.08, G80 w/a zexel. With a 0411 swap.

I am not going anywhere, I am just not on here much because of time. There are plenty of great guys that are still on here. I am sure Howard from Redline is posting also. I did not mean for it to sound as if I am leaving or anyone else, just very busy with work. I was only on here now because someone else had called and asked me to look at something. I don't mind helping anyone, I just don't like getting caught up in he said she said and this guy has tons of post so he knows what he is talking about. I hear that on a daily basis, this guy tunes for $149 so he must be allot better then you since you charge so much more. You know the drill.
    Justin

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by J.Abbott View Post
    I am not going anywhere, I am just not on here much because of time. There are plenty of great guys that are still on here. I am sure Howard from Redline is posting also. I did not mean for it to sound as if I am leaving or anyone else, just very busy with work. I was only on here now because someone else had called and asked me to look at something. I don't mind helping anyone, I just don't like getting caught up in he said she said and this guy has tons of post so he knows what he is talking about. I hear that on a daily basis, this guy tunes for $149 so he must be allot better then you since you charge so much more. You know the drill.
    Justin
    x10

I've helped people with tunes before and get criticism up the ass, even if the guy I'm helping is happy.

Yeah I maxed out the Inj flow rate with the ID850's. But through many tests, I found that on this 07 Z06 with an E38, the min idea air and cranking idle air tables do not need to be scaled. I tested this over the course of 15 or 20 flashes. If you max out min idle airflow table and set the min idle area to say 1.2, you will get a throttle postion of around 19%. With the min idle air table maxed out you can directly find the throttle position and air value that causes the correct amount of spark with little adjustment. If you scale the stock min idle airflow table by 50%(i did a 50% scale) it will cause the engine to bog on start bc the throttle position adjusts to low. After fighting with the min idle airflow table on this scaled tune i found that it will only adjust what the throttle position is during idle. When you do not scale it, it does not cause over fueling. this table needs to be left at what the actual, true value of airflow is bc it is setting the min throttle position. so leaving this table about 8 g/s (rather than a scaled 4) allows the min throttle position to be at around 19%. then add at least 3% to the min idle area and you will have a sufficient min and max idle throttle positon range. Also the cranking idle air doesnt need to be scaled either. A scaled value gives this car a hard start. returning it to normal produces a perfect start every time. Also after spending many hours scaling this tune and losing resolution in the process, I decided to try a different approach to the scaling. I simply doubled the stoic afr that is in the ecu. combine that with the 50% fuel injector data and bam, car runs perfect (with the calibrated mass airflow transfer function of course). No other tables have to be changed. The 02 sensors still function perfectly bc they still switch at the same voltage. which is in correlation with stoic of 14.68. So, as of right now I dont see a problem with scaling with this method. all of the lambda values remain the same and the wideband is producing the same results as with a 50% scaled entire tune.

So basically what i am saying is, i scaled it. I went that route. Thats what caused me to do all of this testing. It did not work when those two tables were scaled(min idle airflow, cranking idle airflow). This is bc they are controlling throttle position and not fuel schedule.

Lifetime Member

Would you be willing to post the files using both methods ??

-Justin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast