Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stock ls7 with procharger 6psi 65# injectors tune help

here they are....including the original
    Attached Files Attached Files

i also have a file where i didnt use the g/cyl scaler in the spark tables. I just found through testing that you didnt need to interpolate and to use this scaler instead. either way you still will lose the resolution.

and with both of those scaled tune files i havent turned closed loop back on. so nobody use those and run with them bc they are not put back together

Thanks for posting tune files

Do you have any log files we can look at...?
    Last edited by joecar; October 10th, 2011 at 02:20 AM.

Lifetime Member

Thank you, most people (particularly pro tuners) aren't willing to share.
    I'm always interested in learning.

-Justin

Sorry I have not been back in a couple of days.
    L31Sleeper, I am not arguing, but what you are saying does not make sense. If you scaled the size of your engine then your airflow numbers are accurate. I end up working mostley on E38's just because most of the Corvettes being modified have E38's in them. I don't have idle issue or start up issue. I make sure my injector data is correct becuase that will mess you up in the idle and low speed area if it is. I can't see where scaling my injector data and then setting my stoich twice what it should be makes any sense. I think there is something you are forgetting in the scaling, I don't think the video shows everything but is more of a summary, he says you need to look at anything with g/sec and that is allot of tables. I wish you luck and hope it all works out for you, but I don't or can't understand how that method is going to have good results.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by J.Abbott View Post
    Sorry I have not been back in a couple of days.
    L31Sleeper, I am not arguing, but what you are saying does not make sense. If you scaled the size of your engine then your airflow numbers are accurate. I end up working mostley on E38's just because most of the Corvettes being modified have E38's in them. I don't have idle issue or start up issue. I make sure my injector data is correct becuase that will mess you up in the idle and low speed area if it is. I can't see where scaling my injector data and then setting my stoich twice what it should be makes any sense. I think there is something you are forgetting in the scaling, I don't think the video shows everything but is more of a summary, he says you need to look at anything with g/sec and that is allot of tables. I wish you luck and hope it all works out for you, but I don't or can't understand how that method is going to have good results.
    I'm cornfused, what didn't make sense ??

Your airflow data. If you had decreased your engine volume, then all air tables are doubled, not the same as being accurate or actual air.
    So I guess by doing what you did you found another way around a problem that may be working for you, but it does not make sense to make it more difficult. Example, if you take your car before you modify it. You have you "tune" that is running just right and then you take and scale that "tune" and reload it, the car should have not changed hardly any. The only thing you are really going to see is in the timing table, you may have to smooth the boundry points a little more since you have lost allot of resolution, but the car should run just fine with no quirks. If you have an issue then there is something else wrong, either a table that did not get scaled or a actual hardware piece that is a problem. Anyways it is nice to think outside of the box but I don't think was the right way to do it even if you are making it work. What happens when you turn closed loop on?

Lifetime Member

Still confused, this isn't my car nor my tunes nor my technique ?

Sorry, I was quickly replying to you. Are you saying your confused about what I said or what they said.
    I don't like having a Stoich of 29.36 which is what I was referring too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast