Thread: NON-VGT turbos

Default NON-VGT turbos

i have installed a non vgt turbo on an 06 LLY (bosch ECM) and upon setting up a tune for this truck it is in limp mode at startup. with P0045, and P0405. 405 is the EGR and i have eliminated that issue. However P0045 is still active after one ignition cycle. I have set the P0045 to NOT REPORTED, however it is still causing an issue. I was not able to get the engine out of limp mode until i removed the boost control solenoid from the stock turbo and plugged into the harness. I know it is possible to eliminate this via software, and i have read some similar threads but those solutions arent working for me. I have the latest software and firmware.

Lifetime Member

Have you updated the OS to a newer version? something like 6698 or 6128? Because there were a lot of DTC issues and fixes in those OS updates from the factory.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

I should have known I'd get a response from the E35A tuning guru if noone else! I believe I used the 6698 OS but ill double check. While I have your attention what happened is someone else put dsp5 on it so I couldn't even read it. So what I did was use the only other 06 stock tune I had for a long bed (big tank) and built a tune from that. Will any 6128 OS work on any E35A truck? And what about the 12632483?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    I should have known I'd get a response from the E35A tuning guru if noone else! I believe I used the 6698 OS but ill double check. While I have your attention what happened is someone else put dsp5 on it so I couldn't even read it. So what I did was use the only other 06 stock tune I had for a long bed (big tank) and built a tune from that. Will any 6128 OS work on any E35A truck? And what about the 12632483?

HAHA guru? lol

Anyways..
    I am running an OS that does not have all of the "correct" segments in it. And by correct i mean, my truck started out life with the 6128 OS and it worked just fine for me and then DSP rolled around and i was BETA testing that so i was fooling around with different OS's and i settled on the 6698, also, trying to find a newer SPEEDO segment to see if that would fix the discrepancy between what the ECM was reading for VSS and what was being displayed on the cluster. (side story) Using the GM TIS website i can pull up my VIN and see what each OS update contained and i found a 6698 that was pretty close to what i should have gotten from the dealer should they have flashed for me, (never gunna happen). Been running it ever since, never had a problem either. I'm convinced that the E35A's are pretty loose on their pickyness when it comes to OS's compared to E35B's, LLY's, and LB7. I've never heard of an LBZ not starting or A/C not working or the Radio picking up transmissions from Mars like you hear all the LLY's and LB7s do if you miss-match an OS with the incorrect segments. And the LMM's are pickier than shit too.

As far as the 12632483 OS goes... I've heard that among other things like increased EGR flows and usage that OS introduced CVN logging just like the LMM's have. So i steered clear of that update. Whether its true or not, 6698 works just fine for my DSP5 setup.
    '07 TBSS, LS2, T42, 3SS, Black on Black on Black, Pretty much stock at the moment. EFILive will fix that

'06 LBZ/Allison 6speed, EC, LB, 1LT, Leather
    Current Mods: EFI Live/ PTO High Idle Mod/ Factory Exhaust Brake / BD Full Bore/ TransGo Jr./ TTS Twin Lift Pumps/ MBRP 4" turbo back/ Custom air box mod/ BullyDog Outlook Monitor

465hp/1008tq---7/25/09---Dyno Day Fast Specialties Tuning by ME

Ok finally had time to check (vacation) and i am running the 12616698 OS in this truck. I am hoping that the newest software will fix this issue (in the process of updating to version 170 and 160) and if not i will try another OS 6128 or 2483 that i know setting codes to not reported used to work.

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    Ok finally had time to check (vacation) and i am running the 12616698 OS in this truck. I am hoping that the newest software will fix this issue (in the process of updating to version 170 and 160) and if not i will try another OS 6128 or 2483 that i know setting codes to not reported used to work.
    Re-visiting this as I have another one same issue. This time I found a file where all segments matched, and still same issue after I flashed but not before. Before it ran great but light was on after installing turbo