Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Release Update June 24, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    If you ware using Vista or Win7, after downloading the latest V7.5 and V8 installation executables, right click on them and select "Run as Administrator".

If the installation was successful, the USB Manager program will be installed here:
    \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\EFILive_USBManager .exe (on Windows 32 bit machines)
    \Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\EFILive_USBManager .exe (on Windows 64 bit machines)

Can you verify that the EFILive_USBManager.exe program exists in the appropriate location on your machine after the install is complete?

Regards
    Paul
    Paul,

Thank you for the reply. I tried everything you mentioned and it's still the same. You can't even manually locate the USB Manager under the Program Files. It's just not there. I've tried reinstalling, restarting, running as an admin, etc etc etc. Still freezes every time I connect the FlashScan to my computer.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAZRS EDGE View Post
    Paul,

Thank you for the reply. I tried everything you mentioned and it's still the same. You can't even manually locate the USB Manager under the Program Files. It's just not there. I've tried reinstalling, restarting, running as an admin, etc etc etc. Still freezes every time I connect the FlashScan to my computer.
    You can manually download the USB_Manager.exe program here:
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133
    Scroll down to the utilities section.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakes4321 View Post
    I just updated and cant read a few of my e67 files, it is coming up as bad files. I just worked on these files and everything was fine then I updated.
    Can you send me one of the e67 files that is showing up as bad?
    Send to paul@efilive.com

P.S. You should be bale to open the same file using the V8 software, does the V8 software recognize it correctly as an E67?

Regards
    Paul

I manually downloaded the updates (EFILiveV7.5.7.167_Setup.exe and EFILiveV8.2.1.158_Setup.exe) and installed them from the executables. I did that on Friday. I just checked for updates today (Sunday) on the same PC and both V7.5 and V8.0 indicated updates were available and they were downloaded and installed. The odd thing is despite downloading and installing updates the versions and build levels stay the same (167 and 158).
    Jason Haines, Project Director
    Lingenfelter Performance Engineering
    http://www.lingenfelter.com
    jhaines@lingenfelter.com
    260-724-2552

Quote Originally Posted by jrh View Post
    I manually downloaded the updates (EFILiveV7.5.7.167_Setup.exe and EFILiveV8.2.1.158_Setup.exe) and installed them from the executables. I did that on Friday. I just checked for updates today (Sunday) on the same PC and both V7.5 and V8.0 indicated updates were available and they were downloaded and installed. The odd thing is despite downloading and installing updates the versions and build levels stay the same (167 and 158).
    Just because and update was downloaded and installed, the build number does not always change. Normally I have only seen build changes when a Major release is released.

Quote Originally Posted by jrh View Post
    Hi Jason,

The build versions stayed the same, but the V2 BBx files were overwritten with old versions (causing error $050B on read/write); see here for more info: Error-050b, Cant-BBX-read-Tune-I-get-error-050B.

As Joe said the update feature was overwriting the *.obj files and causing havoc. I activated the update feature last night with the correct updated *.obj files.

The way it works is the update feature flags the installation when it is updated. If you manually downloaded and installed the software the update is not aware that it has been updated.
    So when you "check for updates" it will still go through the update process, even though nothing really gets updated.

Regards
    Paul

I am getting a "$0322: Conditions Not Correct or Request Sequence Error ($22)." error when I try to program via the V8 Scan & Tune software. I get this when trying to program the ECM or the TCM on this vehicle. For the T43 TCM file I was able to go to the V7.5 Tune software and program the TCM but for the E39 controller I can't do that. Any ideas on what might be wrong?
    jhaines@lingenfelter.com
    260-724-2552

Hi Jason,

Can you send the trace file (*.htx) from the failed attempt?
    You can find the V8 trace files in the folder: \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace

Regards
    Paul

Files sent.
    jhaines@lingenfelter.com
    260-724-2552

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast