Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Release Update June 24, 2011

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Public Release Update June 24, 2011

The EFILive V7.5 and V8 software is available for download.

This release includes the 5.9 Cummins Scanning and Tuning support.
    Read more about the Cummins features here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....Public-Release

Download here:
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133

Auto Update:
    The Auto Update option is scheduled to be activated on Monday June 27 US time. Until then you need to download and install the software manually.
    Once the Auto Update option is activated your system will see it as a new update and download and install it, regardless of whether you have downloaded and installed this release manually or not.

Known Issues:

Issue #1
    Some PC's/laptops will freeze when attempting to start the V7.5 Tuning Tool software while FlashScan and/or AutoCal is connected. The problem appears to be an incompatibility between the newest USB drivers and some customer's PC/laptop configurations.
    Please revert back to the older USB drivers. To do that, select Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Tools->USB Manager, then click on the [Install USB V2.02.04] button.
    Issue #2
    If you select a Cummins controller in the V7.5 software, the GM enhanced PIDs will be removed from the scan charts and replaced by the term "Unused". Those PIDs are not restored even after re-selecting a GM controller.
    Issue #3
    The Allison 5 speed full flash does not work. There is currently no workaround.
    Reporting Issues:
    If you discover any serious problems/faults, please create a support case here:
    http://support.efilive.com/
    If you discover simple/trivial issues, please make a note of them in this thread.

What's new in this update:

V7.5.7 Build 167 (June 24, 2011)

• Updated Cummins calibrations to include
      • Speed Limiter adjustment.
      • Tire size adjustment.
      • Intake Air Heater control.

• Added speed limiter calibrations for all E39 & E78 OS's
    • Added support for E39 OS 12646099
    • Added support for E37 OS 12628961
    • Fixed potential checksum error with E39 OS 12643377.
    • Fixed axis error for table B0183 on all E37 OS's
    • Fixed scaling on dynamic vehicle testing controls.
    • Fixed scaling for Cummins injector balance rate Scan Tool PIDs.
    • Added transmission self clean DVT control for T43.
    • Fixed phantom DTC B2011 that sometimes appears after a reflash attempt on Cummins controllers.
    • Fixed DTC display in V7.5 Scan Tool for Cummins controllers.
    • Added new controllers to the auto-detect matrix for V8 software.

V8.2.1 Build 158 (June 24, 2011)

• Fixed script files not being updated when clicking the [Program] button.
    • Added "*.tun" file option to Windows XP open file dialog boxes.
    • When "saving for remote flashing" the software now warns the user if the filename exceedes the filename length limit for FlashSCan/AutoCal devices.
    • EFILive HAPI now correctly processes the Windows shutdown command and shuts down silently when Windows shuts down.
    • All script files (*.obj) have had their version numbers increased and must be updated on customer's AutoCal and FlashScan devices. Otherwise they may end up with $050B "Script file not supported by current firmware version" errors.

FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware V2.07.13 (Jun 23, 2011)

• Fixed DTC display for Cummins controllers.

Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by Blacky; July 3rd, 2011 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Corrected V7.5 build number from 168 to 167
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I just updated to the newest firmware for my FlashScan. I did a" Program all required data" to update the Flash Scan. I am receiving an Error $0149 Write Failure towards the end of the programing. Any ideas?
    Last edited by nm2769; June 23rd, 2011 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nm2769 View Post
    I just updated to the newest firmware for my FlashScan. I did a" Program all required data" to update the Flash Scan. I am receiving an Error $0149 Write Failure towards the end of the programing. Any ideas?
    Do you have too many files in the Config space...?

Format the Config space and do the Program All Data again.

$0194 usually means "file system full".

It may also be the case now that trying to select ALL controllers for both flashing and scanning will not fit into the config area.
    So you may need to un-check some controllers that you won't be using.

But definitely do what Joe suggested and format the config file system as that will remove any old/unused files and will free up some space.

Hint: the DTC description files take up the most room so by un-checking them (on the DTC tab page) you can save a lot of space.
    Except that you won't be able to display DTC descriptions on FlashScan's screen.
    You should never select the DTC descriptions for AutoCal devices - since AutoCal cannot display DTC descriptions.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post

It may also be the case now that trying to select ALL controllers for both flashing and scanning will not fit into the config area.

But definitely do what Joe suggested and format the config file system as that will remove any old/unused files and will free up some space.

Hint: the DTC description files take up the most room so by un-checking them (on the DTC tab page) you can save a lot of space.
    Except that you won't be able to display DTC descriptions on FlashScan's screen.
    You should never select the DTC descriptions for AutoCal devices - since AutoCal cannot display DTC descriptions.

Regards
    Paul
    I got $0194 write failure while programming just E38 config files & pids.
    Probably no biggie tho.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

Quote Originally Posted by mr.prick View Post
    I got $0194 write failure while programming just E38 config files & pids.
    Probably no biggie tho.
    There may be other files already on the device that are taking up space.
    Using EFILive_Explorer, how much space is shown as used/free when you click the [Properties] button on the [Config] tab page?

However, $0194 is a "general write failure", so if it is not occurring because of file system full then there may be a fault with the flash memory.
    It might be useful to run a flash memory check.
    You can do that by selecting F4: Options -> F4: Self Tests -> F4 (hidden option).
    Press Ok to clear the message about needing a second FlashScan device.
    Then select option "2.ROM" to test the flash memory.

Note: You'll need to reformat the [Config] file system after the test because the test completely erases the Config file system.

Regards
    Paul

E35B codes P2033 and p0546 showing up on V7 scantool as from the TCM?? codes are turned off in ECM tune (DPF delete). Don't seem to be causing any issues, maybe phantom codes similar to B2911 in cummins ECM?

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    E35B codes P2033 and p0546 showing up on V7 scantool as from the TCM?? codes are turned off in ECM tune (DPF delete). Don't seem to be causing any issues, maybe phantom codes similar to B2911 in cummins ECM?
    After displaying the codes in the V7 scan tool, please generate an error report (File->Generate error report...) and then send the error report to me at paul@efilive.com.
    From that error report I can tell if the codes are real or not (or at least if they are being sent from one of the controllers).

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post

Regards
    Paul
    Formating did solve the $0194 error.

I only have 2 controllers selected and the meter at the bottom of the page shows 52% free space. I will try to format config file. thanks for the quick response.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast