Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Release Update June 24, 2011

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    E35B codes P2033 and p0546 showing up on V7 scantool as from the TCM?? codes are turned off in ECM tune (DPF delete). Don't seem to be causing any issues, maybe phantom codes similar to B2911 in cummins ECM?
    After displaying the codes in the V7 scan tool, please generate an error report (File->Generate error report...) and then send the error report to me at paul@efilive.com.
    From that error report I can tell if the codes are real or not (or at least if they are being sent from one of the controllers).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsDK View Post
    CANNOT FULL FLASH AL5 ALLISON TCM. After it erased tcm it then hesitated and repeatedly said retrying previous block, after five minutes i stopped it. now when i try again it counts to 120 erasing flash memory then says flash failed. i have removed and reinstalled and am using old USB drivers
    Investigating...
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by nm2769 View Post
    Issues continue with the latest update. The biggest problem issue is the scan tool freezing when disconnecting from a Cummins ECU. It does not freeze with LS1B ECU. I have to disconnect the USB cord to get the Scan Tool to unfreeze. I had left the USB connected and froze for 15 minutes before pulling the plug. It freezes every time I disconnect from Cummins ECU. Also I am now getting an error 1400 when I close the Tune Tool. The error pops up 5 times each time I close the tune tool.
    Have you tried downgrading to the previous USB drivers (V2.02.04)?
    Use the program: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Tools->USB Manager

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by nm2769 View Post
    Yes I have. The issue is happening with existing dash boards that I have been using for years. I have set what dash board I want to open at startup in the options but it will not open comes up as a blank screen if I open them once the scan tool is open they are ok.
    Can you please zip the entire folder:
    \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\VDash and send it to me at paul@efilive.com
    Also can you please save the registry tree: \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5 and send that to me as well. (Use regedit to save the registry tree).

Then I can set up a replica of your system and see if I can figure out what is going wrong.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    After displaying the codes in the V7 scan tool, please generate an error report (File->Generate error report...) and then send the error report to me at paul@efilive.com.
    From that error report I can tell if the codes are real or not (or at least if they are being sent from one of the controllers).

Regards
    Paul
    Will do asap replacing CP3 pump per other issues currently, hope to have it done later this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    I will send you the file with the bad checksum paul. I was able to script the tune and load it to the same OS and had no issue. The problem i assume was editiing with the old software and the new upload, oddly it is the only file that is acting as though it somehow corrupted. Tahnks, i will send it on to you
    Yes, that is the most likely explanation.

That *.ctd file you sent to me was read out of a truck using a fairly old version of the EFILive software and FlashScan firmware.
    The old software/firmware version had a problem that caused the checksum to be computed incorrectly by EFILive.

I recommend doing this:
    1. Upgrade your software to V8.2.1.158
    2. Upgrade your FlashScan firmware to V2.07.13
    3. Read out the *.ctd file from the vehicle again.
    4. If the checksum is correct still incorrect, use the [Update Checksum] button to correct it.
    5. Re-save the file.

Regards
    Paul

Flash scan problem.
    I set up standalone logging for a customer. I used the newest boot block 2.07. But I had problems. When I set the pids with EFILive Explorer it loaded LBZ pids as 35A-AL6. In boot block 2.06.03 it loads as 35A only.
    Your probably like so what.

Well the problem is not all LBZs have an Allison behind them. If you try to black box log a LBZ in standalone trim or with a manual trans it errors out. The old boot block would work. The 35A-Al6 does work if try to log a truck that has the LBZ and Allison 6 speed.
    I copied the configes out of my V2 with BB 2.06.03 and loaded them in to his V2 with BB 2.07. It worked!

Can you un marry the 35A from the AL6 future updates? You might want to look into that or the LB7 and LLY configes also.
    Thanks
    John

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
    Flash scan problem.
    I set up standalone logging for a customer. I used the newest boot block 2.07. But I had problems. When I set the pids with EFILive Explorer it loaded LBZ pids as 35A-AL6. In boot block 2.06.03 it loads as 35A only.
    Your probably like so what.

Well the problem is not all LBZs have an Allison behind them. If you try to black box log a LBZ in standalone trim or with a manual trans it errors out. The old boot block would work. The 35A-Al6 does work if try to log a truck that has the LBZ and Allison 6 speed.
    I copied the configes out of my V2 with BB 2.06.03 and loaded them in to his V2 with BB 2.07. It worked!

Can you un marry the 35A from the AL6 future updates? You might want to look into that or the LB7 and LLY configes also.
    Thanks
    John
    Not sure what the problem is that you're describing.
    There's nothing in the software that forces you to configure any two controllers together.

The user (i.e. you or your customer) is free to configure any PIDs and any controller combination that suits your setup.
    If you're concerned that the default Options.txt file always has the LBZ and A40 defined together, well that's just an example.
    You can change it to whatever you like.

Or maybe I'm just not getting what you're saying...

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
    If you try to black box log a LBZ in standalone trim or with a manual trans it errors out. The old boot block would work.
    Thanks
    John
    Maybe what you're saying is if you have Allison trans PIDs defined in a PID selection, then with the old firmware it would allow you to log.
    However, with the new firmware it will not proceed because it cannot find the Allison transmission.
    That is correct, it used to be allowed, but with the latest software it is no longer allowed.
    If you don't have an Allison trans, don't select the Allison trans controller as part of the BBL setup for that vehicle.

But again, if I'm off track, please help me understand the problem.

Regards
    Paul

I don't think I had any Allison PIDs selected. I have never BB logged the Allison. I will try to get some screen shots of what I am talking about. Very possible I am over looking something.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast