Quote Originally Posted by goldbergv95 View Post
Didm't you say the fuel change is stored in the PCM? Regardless, I have to reflash the bcm if I change to the 03 vin or else i would get electric problems. But something still bugs me. Even if I changed the Vin is there a way also change the OS based on the 2003 tbs? Or will I have to get a flash from the dealer.

BTW, I would do a 05 swap but 05s have air bag and other features that 02s and 03s dont have which might fail the state inspection. Plus I saw an additional wire that is connected to a connector located on the exhaust manifold that 02s and 03 dont have.
I assume its in the PCM, but you'd have to figure out where the IPC get the fuel sender signal from.

No, you dont have to flash the BCM if you change the PCM OS, who told you that? Just because you're running an 05 OS doesnt mean you cant put your 02 VIN in...

The airbags and everything dont tie into the PCM...thats not an issue. The 04+s have the AIR injection system on the exhaust manifold so you just have to turn that off in the tune.