Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parameters changed for performance.

Default Parameters changed for performance.

The following are the parameters that are changed for performance. What they all do I have no idea!!

B0720 Main Injection Pulse
    B0721 Main Injection Pulse (no Pilot)
    B0910 Injection Timing (C)
    B0927 Injection Timing after Pilot (B)
    B0928 Injection Timing after Pilot (C)
    B1101 Peak Torque
    B0725 RPM Limit (upper)
    B0726 RPM Limit (lower)
    H0107 Vehicle Speed Limit (upper)

Anyone know what the (A) (B) and (C) represent? Also can we control the variable pitch blades of the turbo??

This is going to be crazy!

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

A,B,C are different the Temps or MAP/MAF readings that affect fueling. "A" may be from 0 deg to 70 deg engine temp. "B" from 70deg to 145deg, then "C" 145deg to 230deg. different stages of control. Also same for MAP/MAF readings. Yes, you can change turbo nozzle (pitch) settings also. Biggest thing is to take small steps, though. Lots of changes available.
    P.S. Have fun!
    04.5 2500HD LLY EC/LB
    14 Sonic RS Sedan
    GM Certified Technician
    President of the 'I killed an ECM' club

Quote Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports
    The following are the parameters that are changed for performance. What they all do I have no idea!!

B1101 Peak Torque
    B0725 RPM Limit (upper)
    B0726 RPM Limit (lower)
    H0107 Vehicle Speed Limit (upper)

Anyone know what the (A) (B) and (C) represent? Also can we control the variable pitch blades of the turbo??

Howard
    Thanks a TON Howard!
    2005 Silverado Duramax LLY - EFI Live Tuned
    1969 Chevrolet C-10 Pickup - Turbocharged 5.3L/4L80E - EFI Live Tuned
    1975 Avenger Jet Boat - 6.0L/Berkley pump - EFI Live tune in progress

Defines the 'open' time of the injector based on the commanded fuel quantity and desired fuel pressure.
    Commanded fuel quantity is based on the throttle position and various torque reductions etc.

Simply changes the time the fuel is injected, I guess you can think of this similar to spark timing for gas in that this can hurt a Diesel motor, if the timing is wrong they do get noisy.

Anyone know what the (A) (B) and (C) represent?
    The ECM switches to different (A), (B), (C), sometimes (D) maps usually based on coolant temp or baro or load.

Also can we control the variable pitch blades of the turbo??
    Yes, look under the boost settings, desired target positions .

Howard
    Yes, it's amazing what can be done to these engines.
    It takes some time to get your head around how the table structures work and how each one ties in with the others as it is totally different to what we are used to with the LS1.
    But when it all 'clicks' they are done in a very logical fashion.

Have fun....
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross,

How do the several timing maps inter-relate? For example, if using timing map C how do the temperature maps change this value. I assume the temperature maps would be subtracted from the timing maps? Are there any flow charts that show the interaction of all the maps?

I do have to say this is fun, fun, fun.

Dave
    2003 CC 3500, LB7
    EFILive and lovin it

I didn't find any flow charts so I drew mine own on scratch paper, then using results from scan data I calculated and compared numbers until it made some sense to the cranium. In the first two weeks I easily spent 40-50 hours, if not more, playing with EFILive plus working my day job.
    04 2500, LLY/A, 4x4, CC, SB, 285 Toyo's, Amsoil lubes, Access Roll-up Tonneau, ATS Stage 2 trans, ATS 5 Star Converter, Bilstein's, Caltracs bars, Cognito Braces, EFILive, Kennedy Diesel Custom Tuning, Kennedy Diesel headlight harness, Kennedy Dual Lift Pump/Filter combo, Prodigy brake controller, Spa DG 211, Trippin Cyclops overhead gauge mount, , TTS 4" Exhaust, TTS Xtreme Beta, Amsoil Ea filters, Banks CAI

Ross,

Thanks for the clarifications! I noticed that my Duramax seems to be making the same boost regardless of which hp setting is used. It is interesting that just fuel alone makes the power increase. What if the boost got increased and we fed it more fuel?? This thing is making between 15-22 psi but I have heard of guys making between 30-35. What parameters effect boost increase/decreases? What are safe levels of change?

What is the pilot?

Nice job on the Flashscan dashboard!

Howard

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lewis
    Ross,

How do the several timing maps inter-relate? For example, if using timing map C how do the temperature maps change this value. I assume the temperature maps would be subtracted from the timing maps? Are there any flow charts that show the interaction of all the maps?

I do have to say this is fun, fun, fun.

Dave
    You almost do need a flow chart, but basically -
    B0908, B0909 & B0910 are your base maps, the ECM will switch between them based on baro or load (MAF), look at B0901 to B0907.

Then these values are further modified by the ECT, IAT and Fuel Temp tables. The values from those tables are added on to the base table.
    The ECT tables are again selected based on baro or load (MAF). Then to add a bit more confusion, each one of these tables has a multiplier. Look at the Fuel Temp timing multiplier table B0920. It only has any affect when the fuel temp gets hot (multiplier becomes 1).
    It appears confusing at first but it is a very good way of doing things, it gives GM an enormous amount of adjustment.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross,

Thanks for the clarifications! I noticed that my Duramax seems to be making the same boost regardless of which hp setting is used. It is interesting that just fuel alone makes the power increase. What if the boost got increased and we fed it more fuel?? This thing is making between 15-22 psi but I have heard of guys making between 30-35. What parameters effect boost increase/decreases? What are safe levels of change?

What is the pilot?

Nice job on the Flashscan dashboard!

Howard
    Howard,

One of our beta testers did alot of messing around with he's LLY and boost settings, hopefully he might chime in and offer some advice. Though I think he said the desired boost levels had more effect than altering the turbo vane position tables.

The pilot injection is just a small amount of fuel that gets injected before the main pulse. It helps make the engine quieter and also helps ensure the main pulse is also ignited fully. If you do a google search on pilot injection there is plenty of info out on the internet.

Thank Chad (Black02SS) for the dash, he certainly did do a nice job.

Cheers,
    Ross

Before changing the boost levels, you must turn off the EGR. Here is what ya do:

Set B1502 to 0. Set B1503 to 8000. The EGR will never come on. You also need to set the DTC'S Processing Enablers to X: Not Reported for P0401,p0403,p0404,p0405,and p0406. This will eliminate the EGR test at start up that could set a code from shutting the EGR off or having too much boost during the startup test. Doing these few tasks will completely disable the EGR. EGR will remain closed at all times. You can log it to prove it to yourself also. You need to select the desired pid (an EGR pid) and record the data.
    2005 Twin Turbo Dmax/Allison Ext. Cab Short Box 4X4
    Best 1/4 11.8 @ 118+ on #2 only

Twisted Diesel Tuning-The leader in Duramax Tuning Services and soon to offer Common Rail Cummins Tuning!

Bobotune at rocketmail dot com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast