Thread: Etc tune?

Default Etc tune?

Has anyone ever been able to tune thier etc parameters to get better throttle response? I tweaked mine a little but than it told me the numbers werent recognized and would cause pcm damage or something like that.

Lifetime Member

I believe that the warning is that the values should not be increased by more than 5% to prevent damaging the PCM. I have gone the other way and reduced the table in the 0 to 60% pedal range by 50% with no issues on an LS1B PCM(I am running dual throttle bodies).
    2017 Camaro SS, 2014 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 6.7L, 2004 Chevy Avalanche Z71 4̶X̶4̶(now 2WD), 5870lb race weight, 10.93@ 124, Twin TVS1900s, Twin Throttle, 429 LSX, 4L80E, custom 14 bolt rear, V2, R̶o̶a̶d̶R̶u̶n̶n̶e̶r̶(dead), COS3......
    Gettin' the Groceries

Yes, be careful, if the PCM determines that the red folder tables contain "insane" values it will throw a P06xx DTC and brick itself.

LOL

I have logs where the TPS goes from 16% to 100% in one single data frame, or 1/10th of a second; there is no sense in trying to improve the drive-by-wire, because there's no way that your foot can physically "outrun" it.

To get better throttle response, you need to work on getting your fueling and timing *spot-on*; in my own efforts I am learning that the engine in my truck is VERY picky, it is much more sensitive to EQR and spark advance than I was first led to believe - yesterday I was getting 18.8-MPG and then I made a 1.25% change to fueling (BENS = 0.9875) and my MPG fell to 15! At the rate I am going dialing-in part-throttle operation and idle transition is going to take lots of time. :(

Mr. P.
    2003 Silverado SS, with Novi-1500 "CAI mod"
    EFILive V 7.5 COS-3 (OLSD, for now!)

There is a couple of threads about this somewhere here , I did 30% and noticed a huge difference . One of the threads talks about making a instant response , I did that and it is fun at first , but then gets scary at red lights because it just launches real easy , almost uncontrollable .
    Please do not do this unless you have found the threads and are confident that it will not harm your PCM !
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

i have changed all of my parameters up 5% and it seems to respond a lot better, i also increased the shift points and the timing up two degrees across the board for a start. what have you done with the spark and fuel, i have an 03 5.3 with nothing done to it now but i have some plans