Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: problem with calc.vet

Default problem with calc.vet

i have all the pids selected. both the calc.vet map map vs rpm and the selben map. the selben map shows data from 1-1.4 is that right? i dont see a calc.vet filter tho for it. and also, when i look at map a which is my calc.vet map, it shows cell counts but when i click on the large x to show average cell values its all 0's. any ideas what im doing wrong? thanks

i can post up a log if anyone thinks that will help

Lifetime Member

Hello loganlewis,

Refer to the CALC VET sticky by WeathermanShawn for complete details ......

The SELBEN values are a factor, or multiple - your values of 1.00 to 1.40 will be used to multiply the current values in the corresponding MAF cells. Make sure to use at least 2 decimal places.

If you used percent as your VE units, no data will be displayed until you input your vehicle data ("Edit" menu ... "Log file information" submenu) ... then save the file and close. When you reopen the file the data will be displayed.

You need to setup a data filter ... can use the same one for VE and MAF adjustments .... take a look at the above mentioned sticky.

It takes a little while to get the CALC VET system setup for the first time ... but the tuning method works well once you get it configured.

Regards,
    Taz
    Last edited by Taz; June 25th, 2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: - typo

I referred to it as you said and got it to show the data. It feels better. Can this be done for the whole tables or just under 4000rpm? I have an aem uego wideband hooked up and I have a aem picks and have to activate the ad1 external 0-1 pod and it shows afr. My question is the calc.vet pids show an external lamba cable but I don't know what good it does me as it doesn't show the voltage like the aem pid does. Any ideas taz?

Lifetime Member

CALC VET can be used for the entire RPM range - as long as PE mode does not occur - when using the CALC VET method I disable PE - but this means you have to keep a close watch on the A/F mixture and also not overheat the catalytic convertors.

Don't completely understand your WBO question. Is the AEM WBO you are using an analogue or serial WBO ? PIDs for analogue WBO will be manufacturer specific - that is, you will need to write an appropriate CALC PID if using an analogue WBO.

Regards,
    Taz

Well the converters are off the truck. I have a calc pid for the aem it logs properly but does the wideband even contribute to calc.vet? Or just go off of ltft. Or do I need to just watch it to make sure it's not too lean? Sorry for all the questions I appreciate your help

Lifetime Member

No worries my friend ... the Forum is dedicated to questions ....

The CALC VET method uses an "iff" statement in the CALC PID to select LTFT or WBO data as the "BEN" factor for tuning. WeathermanShawn or Joecar would be able to explain how the if / then statements operate in the CALC PIDs - not an area I claim any expertise !

If memory serves, there was an issue with how some "iff" statements were selected in previous software versions - I think this has been remedied. The CALC PID(s) can be rewritten to "force" the selection of the WBO data (i.e. not use the LTFT data)

Regards,
    Taz

Now my selben table is only showing 1.0 and 1.1 does that seem right? I am just annoyed been tryin to do it all day with nothing but failure lol

Lifetime Member

If the SELBEN values are 1.00 (remember at least 2 decimal places) - that means no change to the MAF values of that particular cell (i.e. these would be multiplied by 1.00). SELBEN values of 1.10 indicate the MAF values of that particular cell should be increased by 10% (i.e. multiplied by 1.10).

Setting up a good filter (see the sticky) will help remove transient events (i.e. engine cold, in PE mode, rapidly changing TP, etc.) from the SELBEN and VE data.

For best results:
    • confirm DFCO has been disabled
    • operate the vehicle at steady TP at the RPM values used in B0101
    • these include 1200 / 1600 / 2000 / 2400 / 2800 / 3200 RPM
    • steady state at RPM values that fall between these (i.e. 1800 / 2200 / 2600) - may end up being "averaged" to the next closest cell - potentially causing increased variation in the recorded data
    Your values of 1.00 to 1.10 are pretty good for an initial run. I have had initial test drives where the BEN factor exceeded 25% - in those cases it is unwise to drive the vehicle very far (lean damage may occur) - stop and add the required safety margin to the target table before continuing.
    Sounds like you are making progress - it will take a little while to get use to the tuning technique. Remember to set your precision to at least 2 decimal places (I use 4), and set up a good (reasonable) filter.

Once the shape of your VE and MAF tables are getting close - consider disabling PE for the last (or last few) drive cycles - to obtain more data for the upper RPM / higher load (kPa) cells (VE and MAF).

Regards,
    Taz
    Last edited by Taz; June 26th, 2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: - typo

Post screenshots.

Of what?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast