Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: problem with calc.vet

I take it you're using the wideband analog 0-5V connection...?

The AEM UEGO supports serial connection, this is highly recommended over the analog connection if you have a V2.

V2 serial/digital AFR input (AEM):
    showthread.php?15748-AEM-compatibility
    showthread.php?16636-Installing-an-AEM-Wide-Band-02-and-logging-afr

here are the screen shots:

there is 2 pics of the pids because 1 screenshot could not get them both in 1.

and yes im using the analog 0-5v connection. im guessing thats wrong then

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

There is a problem.

You are using an Analog wideband, but your Pid you selected (External Wideband Lambda) is for a Serial Connection.

Your Map of your VE Table (check units and make sure they match your Tune) show erroneous readings at 14.5 Psi. This is also probably inferring your MAF Table B5001 is wrong.

It might be more productive if you simply attach your Tune & Log, as the screenshots lack the full range of data and are a little hard to see.

My advice would be to slow down..There should never be a rush to Tune. I would first read up on getting a Serial Wideband connection. Then re-read the CALC VET Tutorial many times and any other thread that relates to it. Take care when making your Maps that they show units and preferably metric.

I would not use the current Tune from this log..It is inaccurate...
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Well I am buying a cord today to hook it up via serial. Iv read this thing so many times I get headaches. I set up the tables like it said. My tune is in % not gpa that's how I selected tables. It's aggrivating

Where it's 14.5 I did not use those high numbers I just blended it from the cells around it. I mean you all are the professional tuners not me that's why I'm asking for advice. But now just driving normal my ltft are 0 and rarely hit a positive number anymore. That's why I'm curious as to how getting the serial lambda thing going is going to affect my results. I kno I'm full of questions I appreciate the help once I figure out I'll feel a lot better I guess

I am not a 'Professional Tuner'. This is just a hobby/pursuit that I really enjoy doing. I understand its 'aggravating', but Tuning is a multi-step process that requires a certain amount of exactness.

With units, I meant using metric instead of imperial..I.E., not using Psi in your VE Table, but kPa. The calculations work regardless of whether you use metric or imperial, but metric is far superior for comparing results and sharing them with a worldwide audience such as EFILive.

Its good you are hitting +/- 0 LTFTS when driving normally. What are you hitting when you apply throttle? Don't you want to tune that also?

I am more interested in seeing your MAF table, B5001 (from 1500-12,000 Hz). I would post up your Tune & Log. I would not want to see you use inaccurate data for your PE Mode/WOT.
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband

you may not classify yourself as a proffesional tuner but i read on here who is GOOD at what their doing. either ways, your better than i am.

logans vet.tun

logan log 1.efi

Thanks..

Logan, the closed-loop portion of your Tune looks pretty good. As you said your LTFT Trims are really good, and I do not see any knock retard on your log..which is excellent.

Pid-wise there is just a slight problem with your picking a Serial Wideband pid when you are utilizing an Analog Wideband. We can either give you a workable Analog Wideband Pid, or preferably wait until you hook up a Serial Wideband connection.

In any case I would just leave your current Tune as is. Don't cut and paste any of the MAF/VE Table updates just yet.

I'm sure we can figure out a workable solution. Joecar may be able to help us on your Pid selection. That may require you post up your calc_pids.txt file. We may be able to edit it, and then you would just overwrite a new one into your computer.

Let us know..

Well the tune I sent you has that log already incorporated into it. I am going to get a phone cord today and make the cable to do serial logging. Once I get that set up where do I go from there as far as a standpoint on how much iv done on my tune already? Thanks

On the PIDs tab, on MAP do rightclick->Metric.

On the two maps, under each of the Data, Row, Col tabs checkmark Show Units.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast