Thread: Trying to update V2 firmware.. getting error "version verification error: 307"

Default Trying to update V2 firmware.. getting error "version verification error: 307"

Hi,

I'm trying to update the firmware in my V2 cable so that I can use V8 and a new autocal.

The boot block version is 2.04.07
    The Firmware version is 2.04.57
    and I'm trying to first install FSProg_V2_4_72.ffw

Help!

Hi Alvin,

First download latest V7 and V8 software from the downloads page at www.efilive.com.

Then look at: Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->Documents->Upgrading Firmware

read and understand that pdf carefully before proceeding.

Thanks for responding. Those are the instructions I was following when I got the error. I feel like I tried to update it once before without checking instructions and screwed it up or it seems like there was some talk a while back of early V2's needed to be sent back to be updated. I have a very early V2.

I'm at the point now where V7 gives me the error if I'm in dead pole mode, If I try it in normal mode it tells me that its already got V5 software and to use V8 to update the firmware. The V8 software doesn't recognize it at all in dead pole or normal mode.

Have you already flashed FSProg_V2_4_72.ffw...?

I pm'd Tech Support.

Is the device constantly (each time it boots) saying something about upgrading licenses?

As Joe asks, did you manage to update successfully to 2.04.72? This is critical before proceeding to update to 2.05.x.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Ive seen screenshots on here before about this, I believe what Alvin is talking about is he cant actually use the old programmer software to update his fw to 2.04.72 so he can go to the 2.05.02 bootblock and subsequent bootblock/firmwares. No idea why this is happening, but I think this is the 3rd or 4th person in 2 weeks to post about it on the forums. Ira's been taking care of it, but there has to be a simpler way for the end user to fix it.

Maybe Ira can chime in and explain how to fix it?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Where do I get FSProg_V2_4_72.ffw from???

The is the 2.04.72 firmware file that will reside in your 'C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5' folder on your machine. Please see the documentation relating to the update of 2.04.x firmware. There is a reference to it at the bottom of this knowledgebase article.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I am receiving a "Version Verification Error: 307" while updating firmware to 2.04.72. I currently have 2.04.06 firmware and 2.04.07 boot block. I have read the PDF through many times and cannot find anything that i am missing. The image below shows the error i receive when attempting to update.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Firmware failure.png 
Views:	251 
Size:	110.6 KB 
ID:	21950

Any help would greatly be appreciated.