Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem logging SAE.MAP pid

I re-flashed my original COS05 file and still SAE.MAP pegs at 105kpa. Also tried a fresh COS03 install and have the same issue. I also tried a different laptop and have the same issue.

Is there anyway to report this as a problem to a EFILIVE programmer? I just wonder if the SAE.MAP PID has a file buried into the program that defines the limits to 105kpa.

If I can't get this PID to report properly is there a way to work around it, such as to create a custom PID? I just want to make sure that I will be able to use the auto tune feature.

Tried to load the original COS05 file that was pulled out of the car and it doesn't work (SAE.MAP pegs at 105kpa) Also tried a fresh COS03 tune and a different laptop.

Do I need to create a custom PID to monitor boost map pressures? I am at a loss... Is this something that a EFILIVE programmer would look at?

What was the original GM OS that you started with...?

What year/model/vehicle...?

It's not in the EFILive software, it's in the PCM/OS... but I reported this problem Tech Support.
    Last edited by joecar; July 4th, 2011 at 09:31 AM.

If we can't get this sorted, then we can make a calc pid that converts GM.MAP.V to kPa.

Do you have any tables/parameters that have values that are out-of-range...?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TransAm-Z View Post
    Is there anyway to report this as a problem to a EFILIVE programmer? I just wonder if the SAE.MAP PID has a file buried into the program that defines the limits to 105kpa.
    Yes. \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\sae_generic.txt
    However, that file already has the upper limit set to 255kPa. So if the value of MAP is pegging at 105kPa, then that is the PCM doing the pegging, not EFILive.

Have you tried the PID called GM.MAPBOOST_DMA?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    What was the original GM OS that you started with...?

What year/model/vehicle...?

It's not in the EFILive software, it's in the PCM/OS... but I reported this problem Tech Support.
    Car is a 2000 Pontiac TransAm and when it was originally converted COS05 I believe it was calibrated with a 2002 TransAm OS#12212156.

Yes. \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\sae_generic.txt
    However, that file already has the upper limit set to 255kPa. So if the value of MAP is pegging at 105kPa, then that is the PCM doing the pegging, not EFILive.

Regards
    Paul
    I will try this...
    When you say the PCM is doing this... Am I going to have problems when the car hit boost cells above 105kpa? Does the PCM use SAE.MAP to control fueling? Kinda scary if it does.

When you say the PCM is doing this... Am I going to have problems when the car hit boost cells above 105kpa? Does the PCM use SAE.MAP to control fueling? Kinda scary if it does.
    No the PCM does not use the SAE PIDs for control.

Just for your interest, there is a specific difference between the SAE PIDs and the GM PIDs.
    The SAE PIDs are supposed to provide the technician with the non-defaulted, real sensor value which means when a sensor fails the SAE PIDs MUST return the failed value, not some default value or calculated value that might be used/required for the continued operation of the vehicle.
    The GM PIDs are supposed to provide the technician with the actual values used by the controller to operate the vehicle. Those actual values my be computed from other sources if/when a sensor fails.

The EFILive provided DMA PIDs (PIDs ending with _DMA) have been created/configured by EFILive to return the data that is most closely related to the internal workings of the PCM.
    DMA = Direct Memory Access and corresponds to the exact data extracted directly from the PCM's RAM that is used by the PCM to look up values in tables in the calibration.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post

Regards
    Paul
    Just tried logging this PID "GM.MAPBOOST_DMA" and I can't get any response from it. (All zeros!) Is there something I need to do to make it link up? Could not find anything in the sae_generic.txt file, also there is no gm.mapboost_dma.rtf file on my system.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Just tried logging this PID "GM.MAPBOOST_DMA" and I can't get any response from it. (All zeros!) Is there something I need to do to make it link up? Could not find anything in the sae_generic.txt file, also there is no gm.mapboost_dma.rtf file on my system.

Thanks for everyone's help!
    Can you please send the custom *.tun file you currently have in the PCM and the log (recorded while that custom *.tun file was in the PCM), that shows the boost PID at zero?
    Please send it to paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast