Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem logging SAE.MAP pid

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If we can't get this sorted, then we can make a calc pid that converts GM.MAP.V to kPa.
    I believe the equations should be: CALC PID = GM.MAP (volts) * (Map Scaler - Map offset)/5 volts + (Map Offset) ==> For my 3-bar sensor -- GM.MAP * (288 -10)/5 + 10

Does this look right?

Also does the map offset ever need to be adjusted for a 3-bar sensor? Seems that you would need precision gages if you were to calibrate it corectly.

Let me look that up... I'll edit your calc_pids.txt file tonite (please post it).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Let me look that up... I'll edit your calc_pids.txt file tonite (please post it).
    That's great! Thanks a lot.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi TA-Z,

I could not find sufficient info to indicate how accurate *(288-10)/5+10 is, but I made a calc pid for it, it can be edited anytime.

See attached, copy/overwrite your original file with it.

I didn't get a chance to test it, so please let me know if there are any problems.

Thanks for all your help joecar! I had to add a star in front of *CLC-00-042 to get it to work, but it works great, and I was able to add my own pid by using your format.

The equation ended up being slightly different. (GM.MAP) * (288)/(5.035 volts) + 10.392

To calculate this I used the SAE.MAP pid for the limits 16-99kpa and the GM.MAP voltage out to 5 decimals and it seems to work good. I'm not real sure why there is a slight error in the voltage divider (5.035 v) or the offset (10.392)

If you look at the log file again the CALC.MAP follows the voltage great, but the SAE.MAP does not follow the GM.MAP voltage trend very well. To me it looks like the SAE.MAP is being sent to the logging program before GM.MAP.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

Should I use my equation as above or should I put in the values that I think it should be? = GM.MAP * (288/5) +10 ===> Where 288 = map scaler & 10 = map offset in EFILIVE?

Does anyone know how accurate SAE.MAP actually is?

Ah, yes, sorry about the * I was typing too quickly, glad you got it.

Put the values you measured/calibrated.

Hijacking old thread. I have the same problem. 411 PCM in C5 Corvette and SAE.MAP PID wouldn´t show more than 105 kpa. GM.MAP voltage rises but SAE.MAP can´t go over 105 kpa. My basic OS is 12212156 and I have tested both v03 and v05 COS and the problem remains. Is there any solution to get SAE.MAP pid working as it should?

Quote Originally Posted by skorppi View Post
    Hijacking old thread. I have the same problem. 411 PCM in C5 Corvette and SAE.MAP PID wouldn´t show more than 105 kpa. GM.MAP voltage rises but SAE.MAP can´t go over 105 kpa. My basic OS is 12212156 and I have tested both v03 and v05 COS and the problem remains. Is there any solution to get SAE.MAP pid working as it should?
    Try the attached calc_pids.txt.

You have to set your MAP scaler to 288 and MAP offset to 10 (meaning you need a 3-bar sensor).

Got the problem solved Engine was not running when I was testing my map scaling. When I started the engine SAE.MAP worked fine. So in some reason the SAE.MAP would not show values over 105 kpa if the engine is not runinng.

When engine is not running, SAE.MAP should show barometric pressure... if not then there is a mismatch between the MAP sensor and the MAP scaler parameter.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast