Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Release Update July 03, 2011

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Public Release Update July 03, 2011

The EFILive V7.5 and V8 software is available for download.

Auto Update:
    The "Check For New Update" option is active. It is the preferred method for updating your EFILive software. If you experience any software issues after using the "Check For New Update" option, please download the software manually from the link below.

Manual download/install available here:
    http://www.efilive.com/index.php?opt...=48&Itemid=133
    If you manually download the software from the link above and then use the "Check For New Update" option, the auto update will still update your software. So after manually installing the software there is no need to immediately perform the "Check for New Update".

Known Issues:

Issue #1
    Sometimes at the start of a read or flash operation the V7.5 software will complain that it cannot communicate with the FlashScan device. Sometimes after clicking [Ok] the software is able to reconnect. Sometimes you need to restart the read or flash procedure and other times you need to exit and restart the Tuning Tool application.
    We are trying to find a set of actions that can reliably reproduce that situation. If you know of any way to cause that error to occur reliably, please let us know at support@efilive.com
    Issue #2
    In the V7.5 software, some controllers continue to show the diagnostic trouble code B2911. It is not a real trouble code from the controller. It is generated incorrectly by the CAN-VPW bridge used in the FlashScan/AutoCal firmware. Please ignore it.
    Reporting Issues:
    If you discover any serious problems/faults, please create a support case here:
    http://support.efilive.com/
    If you discover simple/trivial issues, please make a note of them in this thread.

What's new in this update:

V7.5.7 Build 170 (July 03, 2011)

• Fixed Allison 5 speed full flash failure.
    • PIDs were being deleted (but not restored) from dashboard charts when changing between Cummins and GM controllers.
    • Added support for E39 OS 12647088.
    • European locale settings are now handled correctly when generating and playing back scripts.
    • LS1 Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) redundancy tables were not being updated correctly.
    • Forced V7.5 to abort reading/flashing if/when the firmware in FS/AC does not match. (V7.5.7.170 requires firmware V2.07.14)

V8.2.1 Build 160 (July 03, 2011)

• Updated E39 cal flash to handle 2012 model year.
    • Updated the Error Codes document - can be viewed from the V8->Documents Start menu.
    • All script files (*.obj) have had their version numbers increased and must be updated on customer's AutoCal and FlashScan devices. Otherwise they may end up with $050B "Script file not supported by current firmware version" errors.

FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware V2.07.14 (July 03, 2011)

• The latest FTDI USB drivers (V2.08.14) cause V7.5 to hang on many customers' machines. Installer now defaults to installing the old (V2.02.04) drivers.
    • Boot loader failures are now reported. Error codes are available in updated Error Codes document (error codes: $0600-$06FF)

Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by Blacky; July 17th, 2011 at 11:47 AM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Just upgraded with no problems

Lifetime Member

I've had that issue #1 over a year.... It will happen after you disconnect from the scantool.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    I've had that issue #1 over a year.... It will happen after you disconnect from the scantool.
    But not every time.
    I have not been to identify exactly what causes it, but definitely after logging and disconnecting from Scan
    2011 VE SSV 419 + CAM + Whipple 2.9FF SC + PPV front struts + Bilstein rear shocks + 6L90E with single piece carbon fiber prop

Holy crap!! NO MORE REDUCED ENGINE POWER!!! Thank you EFILive for fixing the ETC tables.I was pulling my hairout on that one................Paul

I still can not get any PIDs to load?...WTH am I missing here?

I can open a old log file..it will display al the PIDs I want to monitor..I will save them but when I reopen it..it only allows the same 4 paramters ..it acts like nothing is supported

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

I'm assuming you're working with a GM controller. If you're working with a Cummins controller just swap around the GM/Cummins in the comments below.

If the controller type is currently set to a Cummins controller (i.e. CMB Cummins Diesel) then when you save the file, any GM enhanced PIDs will be dropped from the file.
    What you should do with files that are behaving strangely is this: After loading the file and before saving it, make sure the currently selected controller (File->Select Controller) is a GM controller.
    That way when you save the file the GM enhanced PIDs will exist and will not be dropped from the file.

You can see which enhanced manufacturer type is currently selected in the status bar at the bottom of the window, just to the left of the VIN.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

this is my log file when I open it and I save these PIDs

This is after I reopen saved PIDs and try to select one

The only difference I see is in the log file the controller does not have automoatic transmission seleceted..

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast