Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Release Update July 03, 2011

could the problem be that this version has not been connected to my truck yet?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

When you load a log file, all validate PIDs are marked as invalid and only the PIDs in the log file are marked as valid.
    After loading a log file, that means most of the PIDs will be marked as invalid.

Connect to a vehicle and the software will either validate the PIDs against that vehicle, or look up the pre-validated PIDs for that vehicle based on the vehicle's VIN.
    If you can't connect to a vehicle at the time, you can get the pre-validated list of PIDs back again by selecting the correct controller and VIN for the PIDs that you want to be valid.

On the File menu, use the Select Controller and Enter VIN options to tell the software for which controller type and VIN you want to see valid PIDs.
    That procedure relies on the PIDs having been validated for the selected VIN previously. Obviously the software can't know which PIDs are valid for a given VIN if the software has never been connected to a vehicle with that VIN before.

For your info, the validate PID lists are stored in *.vpl files: \My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\PIDs\*.vpl
    The actual filename is a partial VIN, any vehicle with the same matching partial VIN will use the matching pre-validated PID list.

One more hint, when we release updated software it may contain additional PIDs that may be supported on your vehicle(s). If a *.vpl file already exists for a given vehicle, then the newly added PIDs won't show up as valid because they won't be listed in the *.vpl file.
    So periodically you should manually run the Info->Validate PIDs option when connected to a vehicle - just to make sure the valid list of PIDs is up to date.
    Or you can just delete the *.vpl files and next time the software connects up to a vehicle it will automatically re-validate all the PIDs.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

pids can sometimes be "invalid" until a log begins.
    This has been the case for as long as I remember.
    512k RoadRunner Firmware 12.14R
    FlashScan V2 Bootblock V2.07.04 Firmware V2.07.22 EFILive V7.5.7 (Build 191) V8.2.1 (Build 181)
    LC-1 WBO2

OK..I feel like a dumb ass...when i connected it it all validated..minus the error I got about not being updated to latest version when I did that earlier I had no problems....I just dont rememebr not being able to pick PIDs without being connected but i guess i was....Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by brobradh77 View Post
    I just dont rememebr not being able to pick PIDs without being connected but i guess i was....Thanks for the help
    You should find that when you run the EFILive software, the VIN of the vehicle to which you last connected (or that you last selected manually using the File->Enter VIN option) will be remembered. That means the PIDs that are listed in that VIN's *.vpl file will show as valid, even when you're not connected.
    Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    You should find that when you run the EFILive software, the VIN of the vehicle to which you last connected (or that you last selected manually using the File->Enter VIN option) will be remembered. That means the PIDs that are listed in that VIN's *.vpl file will show as valid, even when you're not connected.
    Regards
    Paul
    Ok..thanks...is the error about not being updated due to the driver downgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by brobradh77 View Post
    Ok..thanks...is the error about not being updated due to the driver downgrade?
    When you say "the error about not being updated", do you mean the V7.5 software is displaying a dialog box saying the firmware is not up to date?
    If so, then you need to make sure you have installed the following software versions:

V7.5.7.170
    V8.2.1.160

FlashScan.AutoCal firmware must be V2.07.14
    Use the EFILive V8 program called EFILive HAPI to upgrade the firmware on your FlashScan if required.

Regards
    Paul

Worse in build 170.
    Loaded tune - read a file - fine.
    Loaded Scan - logged, then loaded Tune and tried to write - fails evry time, and the only way to write is to shut it down and reload. Have to do this everytime you log and then try to write
    2011 VE SSV 419 + CAM + Whipple 2.9FF SC + PPV front struts + Bilstein rear shocks + 6L90E with single piece carbon fiber prop

Quote Originally Posted by izaks View Post
    Worse in build 170.
    Loaded tune - read a file - fine.
    Loaded Scan - logged, then loaded Tune and tried to write - fails evry time, and the only way to write is to shut it down and reload. Have to do this everytime you log and then try to write
    When you say "write" do you mean:
    1. save a *.tun file?
    or
    2. save a *.ctd file?
    or
    3. flash the controller?
    or
    4. save a *.efi log file?

When you say "shut it down" do you mean:
    1. Shutdown the Tune Tool software
    or
    2. Shutdown the Scan Tool software
    or
    3. Shutdown both

Regards
    Paul

Writing a cal to the controller (today it was a LS1B)
    Everytime I logged a dyno run, and then wanted to write to the controller, had to close and then reload TUNE. Scan Tool loaded the whole time.
    Replying OK to the error message did not work like it used to, now it clears the message and sits idle. If you click Start again (to write to the controller) error msg pops up again.
    Have to close and reload only Tune

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast