Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I boost fool with EFI Live

That just goes to show how different these trucks are I guess. I had to do it to a friends truck that's running a 66/74/14 to keep him from defueling past 38psi or so actual boost.

And hey Les, see if I'm making any sense over on the Injector Balance thread will you?

Thanks,
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Fubar, i have not dealt with the defueling issue yet... but what voltage (if you still have the log) was he defueling at within that table you rescaled? It seems as though even if you would have left the table stock, the defueling possibly could of been fixed by what it would be calling back to in (F0502).. just seems like that is where it would of been calling to limit the fuel?
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

I rescaled that table and F0522 I believe as well. I look at the log and get back with you later.
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    I rescaled that table and F0522 I believe as well. I look at the log and get back with you later.
    FUBAR go to tab Diagnostics parameters D0785 bump 140 to 180 that should stop the truck from defueling

Thanks 06redram. I was just referring to what tables I modified (or maxed out if you will) to take the defueling away. Don't know offhand if I modified that one or not be it that I don't have my laptop in front of me nor are a EFI wizard either. Lol.

I've always wondered, can "limiting" tables have negative effect on drivability say... if I do in fact want some type of a limiter under a given condition to keep the truck from going out of control?
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    Thanks 06redram. I was just referring to what tables I modified (or maxed out if you will) to take the defueling away. Don't know offhand if I modified that one or not be it that I don't have my laptop in front of me nor are a EFI wizard either. Lol.

I've always wondered, can "limiting" tables have negative effect on drivability say... if I do in fact want some type of a limiter under a given condition to keep the truck from going out of control?
    It works great on my truck no problems fuels hard and holding at 110mph no drop in rail psi. Stock cp3 and stock injectors just T&C mod fuel rail and mod PRV. Just go for it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by 06redram View Post
    FUBAR go to tab Diagnostics parameters D0785 bump 140 to 180 that should stop the truck from defueling
    ^^^^This will have no effects on "defueling"..this is simply a fuel pressure limiter Thurmon.

Fubar, there are select tables that are worth just maxxing out, however, i do like using the limiters for smoke control and driveablilty aspects such as jumpy throttle, part throttle smoke, trucks feel ect. They very much come in handy for making big fuel sane.
    -Kory

Duly noted Dmaxink. If you don't mind me asking, what type of tables do you speak of are worth keeping in check?
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    ^^^^This will have no effects on "defueling"..this is simply a fuel pressure limiter Thurmon.

Fubar, there are select tables that are worth just maxxing out, however, i do like using the limiters for smoke control and driveablilty aspects such as jumpy throttle, part throttle smoke, trucks feel ect. They very much come in handy for making big fuel sane.
    That's great now so that where my smoke coming from. Thanks Dmaxink, still learning

no the smoke in your tune is coming from you asking for full fueling before you even have 1 pound of boost built. Understand the changes you are making fully before you make them, trust me it will save you time in the long run... yes your tune is ramping up the fuel, but it is already at 180mm3 at 6.8kpa (which is under 1psi of boost). Understand, you can ramp up the fuel all you want to mm3-wise, but after 145mm3, the truck is considered to be WOT. This is one of the main tables responisble for your heavy smoke thurmon.

-Kory Willis
    -Kory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast