Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Heading to the track in the morning

I'll definitely do that when I get time. Before going to work this morning I flashed that table I had in it back and no code. I'll just about bet if I try it again I won't get the code that it was probably a freak thing.

And I hear you on the OCD thing. I am too.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Quote Originally Posted by DoghouseDiesel View Post
    Well, I'm a little dissappointed to say the least.Had to take the EFI Live tune off and use my normal tune.Could not get the truck over 3000 RPM's. It would hit 3K, sit there a second, shift, pick up to 3k, delay, etc.Went from a low 11 sec truck to 13's. EGT's werent even touching 1k.Checked all the tables and parameters and everything is set to 4200 RPM's, so I'm a little stumped as to why its defueling.
    Did you change E6501 for spooling purposes? I had a customer complaining that my tuning was limited to 3000rpm, which is a complaint I haven't heard from any of the other customers of mine. Turns out he was adjusting things and telling me he didn't change anything. I was beating my head thinking it was an OS problem, when all the time it was something the end user did without my knowledge. Put the E6501 back to stock and it is fine. Seems that table has more control then labeled.
    2013 LML, 550hp with factory emissions, stock cp4 and compound turbos.
    2002 LBZ, 4x4 (Max'd Out) 6000lbs 9.36 @ 154 mph NHRDA Champion and Record holder
    1965 El Camino, duramax 9.6 @ 149MPH

All EFI tuned by Adrenaline Truck Performance

adjusted the values in the boost sensor table to see a max of 58 psi. Ive also played with the torque limiters and the fueling tables and was able to hit 3700-3800 last night. it still feels like its defueling at the top of each gear, especially if the tc is already locked. Need to log it again but didnt have time last night to see if its still really defueling or not. The way i set things up it should still make decent power even when it starts to pull mm3

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRob View Post
    Did you change E6501 for spooling purposes? I had a customer complaining that my tuning was limited to 3000rpm, which is a complaint I haven't heard from any of the other customers of mine. Turns out he was adjusting things and telling me he didn't change anything. I was beating my head thinking it was an OS problem, when all the time it was something the end user did without my knowledge. Put the E6501 back to stock and it is fine. Seems that table has more control then labeled.
    Yeah, I had set it to 2100 to use it as a 2-step.

I'll set it back to stock and see if that does it.

Won't be able to put it back on the track this weekend to really find out, but as soon as I can I'll try it both ways and see it it helps.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
    Les, I just tried your E3255 map (MAP Sensor rescale), and with the truck idling, I got a P0236 Map Sensor Too High Too Long. Any ideas?
    After modifying the V vs. PSI chart I've gotten this code twice now over the past week, truck went into limp mode both times. The code also set immediately after starting the truck each time as well?
    EFI Live - The Smarter way to tune!
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

Make sure you go into the turbo parameters and adjust the ranges there so the ECM isn't looking for the overboost condition.

Just keep in mind that anything over 33 psi or so on that stock turbo is getting outside the efficiency map and not gaining you much. Try to limit your boost pressure on those stock turbos to no more than 35 psi.

Start touching 45 psi and bark it a time or two and you'll be shopping for a new turbo.
    Last edited by DoghouseDiesel; July 15th, 2011 at 05:02 AM.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

My truck is hard pressed to even touch 40psi much less go past it so I'm not worried. I have had the settings changed in the turbo parameters table since I first changed the MAP sensor graph. What I've noticed is both times the code set was after I started the truck after recently shutting it off (getting drinks at the corner store and in a drive-thru).
    EFI Live - The Smarter way to tune!
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4

You might try this...rescale map back to stock format, but increase the ceiling from 51.4 up to 58psi and see if that works.

~Les
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    You might try this...rescale map back to stock format, but increase the ceiling from 51.4 up to 58psi and see if that works.

~Les
    I already bumped the map scale to 60 and reset the neutral limiter.

If it works with those set that way, I'll tinker with switching the two up and down and see which one is having the biggest impact.

Too much stuff to do this weekend to put it on the track and see, besides the weather is looking like garbage, so it'll have to wait until next weekend.

We'll see. Hopefully this takes care of the defuel issue and we can git 'r did.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCummins View Post
    After modifying the V vs. PSI chart I've gotten this code twice now over the past week, truck went into limp mode both times. The code also set immediately after starting the truck each time as well?
    mine did this as well & i also set the the turbo parameters to not look for an overboost condition. I tried changing to ceiling anywhere from 45 to 60psi & still had the code. Logging it showed it reading 30psi at an idle....

I just changed it back to stock span for the time being
    06 Laramie 3500 QC SB 4x4 - Full billet Auto by DTT, HE351/S475 twins, EFI live, lots of custom goodies....

07 6.2L Yukon Denali - CAI, CAT delete, self tuned with EFI Live

03 Trailblazer 4.2L I6 - CAI, custom exhaust, EFI live

2010 Laramie 3500 CC LB 4x4 - H&S, DPF delete, waiting for EFI Live.....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast