Thread: Getting somewhere but still stuck Pontiac Solstice Turbo

Default Getting somewhere but still stuck Pontiac Solstice Turbo

Hi Guys,

I followed the swingtan tutorial and I can now read boost and the car doesn't fall on its face when it goes past 105. I still cant seem to get it to add fuel in the boost areas even if I push the fuel values up. I tried to run it mafless according to the tutorial but the car will not even rev up normally. I reconnected the maf and the car seems to run decently.

I datalogged and it says the car is in Open Loop and seems to run richer now and doesn't lean out as bad toward the top anymore. The downside is that idle is now reading 10.5 and 11 at all times even when warm. When the car was reading Closed loop before the car would always seem to keep a/f at 14.7. I tried pushing power enrichment to 11.5 across the board but it never seems to be able to hit it at all.

Can someone please take a look at my tune. I am sure I have alot of things set incorrectly. I am so frustrated because I feel I am very close to finishing this car but I can't reach the goal. I am in Hawaii so it is difficult for me to fly up to the mainland for the efilive classes.

thanks in advance for anyones help.

george3barmapThrottleCheck.tun

Comparing with a few tunes I have here.. and my car.. I'm a Rotrex S/C, but boost is boost.
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    2007 Saturn SKY 2.4L Automatic - E67
    EFILive Tuned

When you ran MAF-less did you modify the IAT so that it was still part of the system? (Just pull the MAF signal wires and keep the IAT)
    Also the tun you included looks like it has the open loop calibration set-up enabled.
    So it is always in open loop and always running from the PE table. Beyond that you have the OEM injector settings throughout and unknown MAP values for scaler and offset.
    So that it's known:
    What injectors are you using? OEM, 60#, Blue Giants - part number?
    What is the part number of your MAP in the intake manifold?

B2101,B2103 should be the same as B2109,B2110. The sensor used for BARO on start up is the MAP sensor. If the scaler and offset are different then it will not measure your barometric pressure correctly and base EVERY SINGLE differential pressure incorrectly.

Also assuming OEM injectors and you are running any level of boost you will run into problems very early in the boost as the stock injectors are not capable of supporting much boost especially at sea level air pressure you see in Hawaii.

You also may be only updating one VVE table and just to be safe update both the open and closed IMTV tables. I suspect that your map is either 2 bar or 2.5 bar (not 3 bar) so you will want to focus on the 2 bar forced induction table.
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    EFILive Tuned

thanks scdyne!

map sensor is a GM 3bar that I hardwired in.

according to Hahn website it has upgraded injectors. I gotta investigate to find out.

Is there a way that I can just tune with maf instead? Which parameters do i have to adjust to make it look at maf only even in boost.

thanks in advance!

What color are the injectors? Can you see the part number?.. it would be important to know at least the color and/or if connector adapters were used.
    To be honest nothing that has been done as far as tuning is relevant if your sensors are not calibrated correctly. From what I have seen of that file the injectors are still the OEM settings. First you need to figure out what injectors are in the car and at least use the spreadsheets available to set-up them. After that then start the other tuning like PE, etc.. only then should you start playing with the VVE and other more advanced tuning..
    I think we just need some more information from the sensors and then we can make an educated suggestion.
    Don't worry we'll get there .. just need to know what we're working with..
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    EFILive Tuned

the injectors are blue. What tables involve the injector calibration? The photo below looks like the ones in there.

http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/engin.../photo_08.html

which tables would I look at to input the GM map scalar and offset? I thought I input it in the right place.

Thanks so much for your help man. I just had to do a power check on a Sky and he pumped out 320whp 362 tq at 29psi. His exhaust mani gasket blew out and we couldnt make more pulls. I think if he gets everything all set up maybe he can hit 340whp. It really made me anxious to finish my customers solstice!
    Last edited by billion01; July 7th, 2011 at 01:13 PM.

At minimum you need to set up the correct values for the injectors you have. Table B4001 needs to be something like 1.25 to 1.75 times larger than it is now since the injectors are 42# vs 24# stock. I say a range because depending on how the Minimum Pulse Width B1203 and Small Pulse Adjust B1204 tables are set-up will dictate where B4001 will end up.
    Really you need to play with this with the car otherwise stock if possible, but since it's Turbo you may have little issue with this.
    Because I have a centrifugal S/C (w/ automatic trans) and it loads the engine, I use different base settings for this to keep the idle happy. Kind of like B1825,6 for the AC compressor. Along with a few other tricks that I wont bore you with as it doesn't pertain to your configuration.
    B1201 needs to be changed and will also impact the other fuel tables above.
    For a starting point I will suggest what others have tried and posted online then you can go from there. Actually as I understand it a Turbo retailer for the ECOTEC 2.4L actually used these settings for tuned kits.. For what it's worth.. Mind you that was tuned with the other software so other details may have been tweaked to deal with less than accurate numbers, but there are more than a few ppl driving around boosted sky/sols with these readings in for the fuel system.
    B1201 = 2.00
    B1202 = 1.00
    B1216 = 0.4297
    B4001 = stock * 1.75
    B1204 = 0.000000, 0.117188, 0.101563, 0.085938, 0.070313, 0.054688, 0.039063, 0.023438, 0.015625, 0.007813, 0.000000 ->

If you want it 100% correct then I suggest the Summit Tuning DVD by Greg Banish.
    -Adam Chant
    Tune it or lose it!
    EFILive Tuned