Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Idle Problem and more

No luck errors, cannot flash car now, customer is very upset wants their car back i am at a loss this problem to date has cost me about 30 hours in time and 4 tunes that i could have done but didn't cause i didn't want to mess up another car so total about 2k dollars not to mention the frustration of knowing that I updated the unit causing the problem if i would have left it alone and not updated all would be good still and i would have more money in my pocket.

If anyone knows of a fix or has something to try please pm email call something open to all options.
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

thanks for the help andrew just sent you an update unfortunaly still same issue
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

Anyone able to get a stock file i would like to flash it back with a new file and start over with tune and see if that help worth a try, below are the os and cal id

2G1FK1EJ9A9115630

OS 12635863

Cal 12633055
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

David, I don't have an Auto file for that OS, however below is an update from GM for that OS you are running that will full flash in ok.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks paul i will keep that and try it if the problem pops up again.

Well for all who have helped me thank you very much, some how it works now, i flashed it with a tune for a manual trans thinking it might help remove some corupt data in the ecm and of course the car wouldn't even crank no surprise there, but i am not sure if that is what fixed it for sure, i then loaded in an older tune with the old calibration and it worked i kept trying tunes that i had for this calibration and they all worked up untill the date of april 27th 2011 which was right around the time i updated the unit and software, i did this a few times last week and the week before but i never loaded in a different calibration 1st so i am not sure all i know is the problem is better cause i can tune the car still have an issue with connecting with the scanner and flashing from 7.5 but i can work with that. Thank you all who have assisted me the last few weeks if you ever need some thing just pm me.
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

Ross,

if i do the full flash with that file i will have get another vin is that right, that is ok i just want to be prepared.
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

After you do a full flash, use the scantool to edit the VIN... go Bidirectional->Change VIN.

Default What would cause this

Both of the tunes crank up and idle in park. One of these tunes will not idle if you restart the car, same issue i have had before the problem seems to come back after a while not sure why i only changed minimum idle air you can see in the difference of the tunes, i used a new OS that Ross posted up for me, i loaded it and started to make changes only 1 or 2 at a time then trying to see if any one thing would start this issue to resurface take a look at the two i don't think that change would cause the issue but i am not 100% sure. The tune ending is 0016 works just fine on every restart 0017 will not restart...

2010_CamaroTurbo_NEWOS_0017.tun

2010_CamaroTurbo_NEWOS_0016.tun
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

Swing you have any ideas?
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678