Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Idle Problem and more

Default Idle Problem and more

I have been running this tune in this car for months, updated software and had to install a TCM module tuned the tranny left the ECM alone not car will idle just fine, turn it off and restart it won't idle a/f fuel goes so lean 18:1 it will hardly idle and if you give it gas it almost dies and will die in gear. IF you let the car sit for about 4-7 minutes it starts up again idles and all is good with the a/f. I have upgraded to the newest firmware and software other than that the ecm tune is the same tune. I Even installed the stock tranny tune again. Anyone have and ideas as to what might be causing this. Here is the tune it is mafless, i might be missing something in the idle tuning but i don't see how it goes from fine to won't run just with a key cycle.

2010_CamarTTFast_SDTuneLatest.tun
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

A log would also help.....

I'm going to guess that it's not a straight "key off / key on" issue but more like a 5 min turn off, then a restart.

What I think is happening is that the fueling is going off as the IVT drops. Normally you would expect IVT to be in the 130'C to 170'C range, but once the engine is turned off, the IVT drops quickly to ECT. That's nearly half the normal running temps. Once started again it takes 3 min to 5 min for the IVT to come back up to normal temps unless you have some load on the motor ( driving it rather than just idling ).

I'm thinking that if you log IVT on the hot restart, you'll see the AFR's reacting with the IVT, as IVT rises, AFR's start to richen.

Simon.

I thought it had something to do with IVT too i watched it while it was running and restarting, Yes after you leave it key off for a few minutes it idles find and a/f is normal. What tables would affect that i only know of one?
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

I'd want to look at a log, but it may be the dynamics if AFR's are leaning out a huge amount. I think there was an after start "heat soak" table as well, but maybe I'm thinking LS1.

Simon

Default New file and log

Here is a quick log and a file i tried while this log was in the car. I put the ivt and air temp tables and 1.0 and still the same result won't run on restart.

Camaro_dies.efi
    2010_camaroSS_Engine_las.tun
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

There's no WB data there :(

From what I can see though.....

1. You seem to be commanding a rather large amount of cranking airflow. This is causing the surge at firing to push the RPM up to 1700. When hot I'd guess you could be running half the initial cranking air, maybe even 1/3rd of what you have set. This may be causing an over reaction as the ECM tries to manage the surge.
    2. You have zeroed out all your idle airflow correction tables. In the drag car, this is possibly OK but it won't help a lot if you have a daily driver, especially not if it's manual. I'd return some Integral correction to help with idle control

This may help, but some WB data would be good.

Simon

Default wb

Yeah i don't have it hooked to the laptop just one in the car there it is simple it idles at 13.5:1 at 1st and on restart it shows 18:1 but it smells like fuel odd. I have not played with the cranking air flow as you were talking about that was done somewhere else but i will take a look that makes sense what you are saying.
    Last edited by etmotorsports; July 11th, 2011 at 04:04 PM.
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

Oh, I just thought of something. Have you tried logging LTFT's ? Try it, just to confirm they are not coming in to play.

Simon

I will try can't hurt
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

Default Will not idle after restart

No sign of LTFT or STFT here is a log and the tune used on the log, no mater what i change it seems to act the same, flash cranks and starts idles fine a/f 13.5:1 turn off crank starts for a few seconds a/f is 18:1. If i turn the key of for about 1 min it will start and act just fine, if you try to restart right away it does the same things that is in the log i might need to see some different pids but not sure what is going on for which ones to look at. I am lost something with the ecm or engine is all i can figure now take a look let me know what you all think.Camaro_dies_0010.efi
    2010_camaroSS_Engine_las.tun
    David McLain
    www.etdrag.com

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast