Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's wrong with BBL to cause this?

Good news... it's not your PC or setup. I just opened it and it's as per your image in post one.

From what I can see....

You have a channel count of 75 and a frame size of 83 bytes. Total frame count is 40430 and the meta data is 2309 bytes. So all up the files size should be around 3357999 bytes ( give or take some sundry bytes ).

The header and meta data looks fine, but the frame data looks to have lost some data and skewed the frame data. This has messed up the frame data completely, but think it's still all there. I'll see if I can nudge it back into alignment.

log opens fine here...

Win7 x64
    EFILive v7.5.6 Build 157

That's interesting kangsta, That's an older version of Scan tool, current build is 170.

The log data indicates that one or more PID's are possibly not adding the correct number of bytes. This is making the actual frame length less than the indicated 83 bytes, causing a shift in the data and the subsequent scrambled charts. It doesn't explain why it opens in build 157 though. Here's a couple of images showing a "normal" log file and the one that doesn't work in build 170.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Normal_log.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	289.2 KB 
ID:	11394

Name:	corrupt_log.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	434.6 KB 
ID:	11395

You can see the difference in the data pattern of the frame data, the first is uniform while the second has an obvious data shift involved. I'll try opening the log in an older version I have on a different computer.

Simon.

I just tried to open the log in builds 155 and 164 and both were no good. I think that kangsta may have opened the tune file and not the log file.

Simon.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by swingtan View Post
    Good news... it's not your PC or setup. I just opened it and it's as per your image in post one.

From what I can see....

You have a channel count of 75 and a frame size of 83 bytes. Total frame count is 40430 and the meta data is 2309 bytes. So all up the files size should be around 3357999 bytes ( give or take some sundry bytes ).

The header and meta data looks fine, but the frame data looks to have lost some data and skewed the frame data. This has messed up the frame data completely, but think it's still all there. I'll see if I can nudge it back into alignment.
    Thanks Simon. I am confused now. What would enable the log to open ok in Vista?

yeah i know im running an old one, a few of my autocals are still in active duty so i like to keep the same versions with the customers while logs are being taken.

I'm pretty sure I opened gmh308's log file but i was playing with another file at the same time so i might have been mistaken. I'm at the airport now but i'll check again later when i get to the hotel.

I'm not sure why it opens in vista, but the frame data changes near the end. Here's an image of where the data changes...

Name:	weird.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	375.5 KB 
ID:	11396

not sure what happened before, i cant get it to open properly on my system must have gotten the file confused :/

lol... that's good news than as I was wondering how it could have been opened on any version.... I must admit I'd forgotten about this, I'll see if I get some time later on to have another look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12