Thread: freak Car with freak DYNO ...

Default freak Car with freak DYNO ...

I want to shoot myself I am so disappointed :( and here's why .

last Thursday A customer black 2002 LUMINA took his car with 373WHP ." 91 octane "
    • short headers
    • fast intake and TB 90mm
    • decent cam good for 380WHP
    • 2.5" dual exhaust with X piping " custom made "
    • K&N generation 2
    • pullye
    • good tuning " I hope "
    he race with my 98 Camaro 358WHP and we were neck to neck. he called me late Thursday he was very he said he raced with a friend of his white 2004 LUMINA that has Pulley exhaust and a program" HP TUNER" . he said the car ran neck to neck with him . I assured him that it is impossible and maybe he has NOs hidden kit or something gone wrong with his program and the Car lost tremendous power . he assured me that the car had nothing more and he knows the guy .

surprisingly his friends came to me on Saturday " I know him " he asked me couple of questions about the heads then asked him about the race and he said it was neck to neck . so I told him maybe the black Car had some kind of the failure in it and he lost some power or his transmission was slipping or maybe he's just a bad driver .
    I asked him do you want a free DYNO ? he smiled and said yes . so I put his car and it made 315WHP. I looked for NOs or anything else and could not find anything ( the car doesn't even have headers ). so I smiled and said let's race with my 358WHP Camaro.

we went out and started from 50 miles we ran neck to neck all the way to and of third gear !!!!!!!!! I swear to god I was shaking :( Howe in hell would I make on the DYNO 360 and he makes 315 and yet he beats me and beat a Lumina with 373 !!!!

I know I am newbe between you guys , but believe me I know a little about tuning
    week on a DYNOJET and we've done lots of research and projects .

just the answer your questions that I know are popping in your head :
    • yes the gear ratio on both lumina are the same .
    • no the white alumina doesn't have any hidden NOs
    • the HP and torque are both more on the black lumina " all over the RPM "
    • Both automatic
    • both 4 door .
    did any one have anything similar like that ?? can a car do better on a DYNO from another " similar " yet the one with lower numbers makes better on the highway???

Last edited by ASSAMI; January 2nd, 2006 at 07:57 AM.

Do the words High stall convertor mean anything to you?

E
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

I forgot to mention that on the Camaro I have a high stall converter " I was comparing the two identical cars to each other's with the numbers on the DYNO "

and know the white lumina doesn't have a high stalls converter " I drove it "

now even though don't you think a 60whp & 48 football and of torque difference should make me pull in front of him and let him eat my dust ??

I've got close to 500hp but I doubt my 7000lbs truck would beat you

It would be intersting to weight the 2 cars.
    09 LMM Duramax

they are the same ... 4 door

Dyno numbers are overated and you can't race dynos. I have seen cars that don't have big dyno numbers go out and run at the track a lot faster than you would expect given their dyno output. I've also seen cars with big numbers on the dyno go to the track with dissappointing results. The fact that you ran from a rolling start may have something to do with it. Try it from a standstill start and see if the results are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by VetPet
    . The fact that you ran from a rolling start may have something to do with it. Try it from a standstill start and see if the results are the same.

I did try from a low speed 2OMiles . I was pulling like a dragster in front of him. we tried couple of times and every time I start from a very low speed I beat him and keep on going . if we start from a 60 mile rolling he starts pulling !!!

with what happened I know I'll have a better quarter mile .but for my knowledge I really can't understand what's happening .

by the way my torque management is still stock . someone told me that I have to put it at 600 or more . they were saying that the computer would pull timing out between shifts !!

does anybody know about this ??

thanks