Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Knock sensor and updating to newer O.S.

Default Knock sensor and updating to newer O.S.

I updated my O.S. from 99 to 01 and notice that 01 only has one knock sensor on the table where as my 99 O.S. had two. Will this affect how my knock sensor work? I'm not seeing as much loss in the ASPARK pid as i was before the upgrade.

Also can some of the old and new knock parameters be explained

anyone?

I would like to clarify this too as I will be in the same situation soon...
    Anyone?

I was going to post the same question. Also, if you look at the parameters, they are different such as the gain settings (If I remeber correctly). Were the knock sensors changed from 99 to 01 or were the parameters updated for better performance or for the new block design?

Sorry guys, I remember reading this post when it first came up :(

The knock sensor 'handling' changed in the 2001+ O.S's, perhaps GM had issues with the earlier programs I don't know, but we grouped them as 'old' and 'new'.
    I am going to land Paul in this one, he figured all those cals out

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX
    Sorry guys, I remember reading this post when it first came up :(

The knock sensor 'handling' changed in the 2001+ O.S's, perhaps GM had issues with the earlier programs I don't know, but we grouped them as 'old' and 'new'.
    I am going to land Paul in this one, he figured all those cals out

Cheers,
    Ross
    Not sure I understand. Did paul miss some parameters that needs to be there for the second knock sensor?

I copied my parameters from my 99 operating system to the 2001. Was this "not as" correct. If the knock sensors are the same for the different year engines, then I think the we should stick with whatever the calibration is in the 2001 OS.

This is kind of an important issue as knock sensor operation is vital.

Hp when i went from 99 to 01 i was getting knock. In the knock parameters on the old B6228 everything is set at 0. Go into to your 99 and copy that table and paste it into the new os it is table B6228. You will notice in the 99 these are filled in and 01 does not have them. After coping mine the knock sensor began to work

Yes, I really need to know this also. I have a 99 and am runing a 2002 cos3. The knock retard values seem really wierd to me, and at one point I actually heard a little audible knock and got NO KR in the scanner. Pretty scarry.

Anyone??
    1999 RCSB: P1SC, 57lb inj, E-fans/34\" rad, 3:73-Eaton 18\" Toyo\'s, Flashscan-FJO, Griffin IC, FLP level 5 and PI 10.5\" 3-disk....

Quote Originally Posted by BlownAlaskan
    Yes, I really need to know this also. I have a 99 and am runing a 2002 cos3. The knock retard values seem really wierd to me, and at one point I actually heard a little audible knock and got NO KR in the scanner. Pretty scarry.

Anyone??
    I was in the same boat and fixed it just look at my previous post

I have copied all my tables from the 99 OS to the 2001 OS. However there is no secondary Knock sensor tables on the 2001 OS. Does the 2001 only use 1 table? I don't think this question has been completely answered.

Also, I have read in my "corvette fuel injection tuning book" that the computer checks the operation of the knock sensor in the following manner: when you go WOT the computer momentarily increases the timing until a slight knock is detected and then returns the timing to normal operation. If no knock is detected then the computer throws a code. Is this accurate?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast