Thread: TIS/SPS programming through EFILive?

Default TIS/SPS programming through EFILive?

Hello everyone

I'm increasingly interested in purchasing EFIlive equipment. One thing I do need is to be able to program new ECM/TCM modules and I know I'll need to subsribe to GM TIS2WEB and their SPS programming system. I see TIS mentioned frequently as I browse the forums here.

My question is, can EFILive hardware act as a passthrough, even though, as I understand, it isn't J2534 hardware? I'm looking to reprogram up to 09 L67 modules for LS4 vehicles, and E38s for north american 3500/3900 V6s.

Hope a knowledgeable person can help with the answer! Much thanks.

Lifetime Member

Hello Overkill,

To load OEM programming via TIS/SPS you will require a Tech 2 or J2534 compliant device - like the Drew Technologies Mongoose cable.

Regards,
    Taz

Fellow Torontonian, thanks for the reply!

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
    Hello everyone

I'm increasingly interested in purchasing EFIlive equipment. One thing I do need is to be able to program new ECM/TCM modules and I know I'll need to subsribe to GM TIS2WEB and their SPS programming system. I see TIS mentioned frequently as I browse the forums here.

My question is, can EFILive hardware act as a passthrough, even though, as I understand, it isn't J2534 hardware? I'm looking to reprogram up to 09 L67 modules for LS4 vehicles, and E38s for north american 3500/3900 V6s.

Hope a knowledgeable person can help with the answer! Much thanks.
    That would be good actually.

I don't think we'll ever make V2 J2534 compliant, it's a little more complex than you might think. And at $495 retail, the Mongoose just works so well for the task it makes it hard to justify the R&D time for us.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I don't think we'll ever make V2 J2534 compliant, it's a little more complex than you might think. And at $495 retail, the Mongoose just works so well for the task it makes it hard to justify the R&D time for us.
    Thought as much. Does a J2534 interface need to be certified at all by SAE or someone like that?

I'm not 100% sure it needs to be certified, I would suspect if you wanted to advertise it as J2534 compliant it needs to.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.