Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: In Memory of Shawn Sankey

Damn...
    Wolfie
    LS1B 2007 Express 6.0 /w 470,000+ miles (parked as of 01April2011)

Lifetime Member

Man O Man. Hard to believe.

My Deepest condolences to his family, and on behalf of my fellow servicemen and women, you will never be forgotten. God Bless your family and may you always look over them.......very sad news:(

MSgt USAF 305thAMC/150th Spec Ops
    Mcguire, AFB NJ
    '02 Blazer: "The Grocery Getter"
    K&N FIPK, CFMTech TB, JBA SCC'd headers, Comp 1.6 ProMag Rockers, BeeHive springs, Ti-Ret, Cust. y-pipe & S/S 3in. Magnaflow Exh, JET billet interm. and OD servos.

'00 T/A WS6: "Bill's $ Pit" (511rwhp/441rwtq)
    ATI P1SC at 8#'s, 60# Inj., Mondo, LS6 Int., Comp Cams SC2, SLP DR/HD Oil Pump Pkg., Patriot VS's, Ti-Ret, Crmly Pushrods, Hooker Headers, SLP y-pipe, BMR 3pt. Sub's, UMI Lwr ctrl. arms & PH rod, Spohn TA, Moser 12 w/4.10's...and alot of love:naughty:

Having had a Heat Attack and surviving I can say that life can change in a split second while exercising.Life is a fleeting thing, some are given a second chance and some not , those of us who were are deeply sadden by those we know who are not.
    2005 1500 HD , Custom OS3 SD tune .
    2006 Trailblazer
    Dinosaurs and Plants gave their lives so that we may drive , long live fossil fuel .

Deeply saddened by the news... my thoughts and prayers are with Shawn's family. Shawn was always quick to offer help and I loved joking with him about the shitty altitude we have to deal with. He'll be missed greatly. I'm sure we'll all have a new passenger each time we go for a cruise now, and I know for damn sure every time I turn the key, someone special will have my back. Thanks Shawn... your help will forever be appreciated, and your knowledge will live on forever.

Bugger, very sad news and my deepest condolences to his family and friends. R.I.P. bloke.

R.i.p.
    He was definately good at simplifing things for everyone to understand, and helped me alot. He will be missed.
    2007 TBSS-All stock
    2001 WS6 TA-Stockish, custom paint, LS7 clutch, spray, 6 point rollbar.
    1998 TA- Not much stock, 408, t350, spray, cage, fastest LSX in Alaska, 9.755@136 (so far)drag radial street car, driven, never trailered.

R.I.P Shawn, 1956-2011 WeathermanShawn's Avatar

Hello Everyone. This is Kristen, Shawn's wife.

I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who commented here - I have read all the comments many times over and it means the world to me to hear so many kind words!

Thank you so much. Shawn will be missed by many!

I also just wanted to tell everyone how much he enjoyed this forum. We started our tuning project a number of years ago - by purchasing EFILive. (I say "we" and "our" because, in the beginning, I was much more involved in the tuning. As time went on, Shawn far out-learned me and I wasn't much help any longer. This was often the case with Shawn. <grin>) Shawn spent hours reading forum threads and asking questions in order to learn how the whole system worked. We would try something and see what happened; sometimes it worked and sometimes it sure didn't! Thousands of iterations later, I am left with a car that, thanks to so many of you, runs very well! In fact, the day that Shawn passed, we had taken the car up into the mountains because he wanted to see how his latest tune worked at higher elevations.

In any event, thank you all so much! Also, thank you so much to those who have contributed to Carra's education! You all should be receiving cards in the mail soon!

Take care everyone! I will check in from time to time; I am sure I will have questions on some tuning thing in the future.

..Kristen..
    2002 Black Camaro Z-28 M6 Hardtop 11.0:1CR 425HP/410TQ SAE (400TQ@3500RPM)
    200cc Heads, 228/232 110+2 Cam, 1 3/4" LT's w/catts, GMMG, Koni Shocks, Hotchkis Springs, 35/21 Sways, 17" ZR1's, 3.90 Gears Roadrunner PCM LM-2 Serial Wideband
    EFILive Closed-Loop MAF/SD Hybrid Tune..

Hi Kristen,

Thanks, and you're quite welcome... ...this is the place to ask tuning questions

I see you also have a Roadrunner PCM emulator

Shawn and I had been working on honing these two thread:
    A-New-Twist-on-CALC.-VE-Table..Computing-the-Entire-VE-Table.
    Calculating-MAF-Airflow-From-VE-Table..CALC-VET-In-Reverse

The calc_pids.txt file in the second of those tutorials can also be used for the first, so we had been thinking of having just the one calc_pids.txt file.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast