Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: In Memory of Shawn Sankey

Default In Memory of Shawn Sankey

Shawn Sankey (
    WeathermanShawn) 1956-2011

Name:  STSKLS.jpg
Views: 2199
Size:  2.0 KB

It is with deep sadness that I inform you that Shawn has passed away on Saturday evening.

His wife Kristen pm'd me the sad news this morning, she said that he collapsed while running.

Shawn took an avid interest in tuning his 2002 Camaro with the EFILive tools. He authored the Calc.VET and Calc.MAFT tuning tutorials, and spent much time and effort ensuring they were clear and easy for everyone to understand and follow. He applied his knowledge to generously and graciously help many people on the forum with their tuning efforts, he and I discussed by phone many of those tuning cases and in doing so developed a friendship. He was very avid and enthusiastic about the forum, he enjoyed it very much.

In the Calc.VET tutorial Shawn introduced the idea of calculating the VE table from the corrected MAF table, this was very innovative and time saving; and the Calc.MAFT tutorial (where the calculation is done in reverse) was spawned from his ideas; he constantly sought to simplify, improve and generally make the tutorials accessible and useable by everyone.

Shawn is survived by his 2.5 year old daughter Carra and his wife Kristen.

We will miss Shawn a great deal, but we will always remember our conversations with him and his enthusiasm.

In memory of Shawn, please feel free to contribute: <url expired>

Shawn's funeral will be Tuesday 7/26 at 10:30am at the Horan & McConaty Funeral Home in Aurora, Colorado.
    The burial will be at 12:00 noon at Fort Logan National Cemetary in Denver, Colorado.

Obituary on Funeral Home website
    Last edited by joecar; July 20th, 2018 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Added funeral details

That is very sad news, Shawn was very active and always helpful on the LSx forums and will certainly be missed by us all. Such a shame too for he's young family.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

We are going to miss his great insight in finding the true issues causing the problems with our tunes and his great guidance with the various tutorials, that he has done over the years. Shawn was always willing to help and had the great patience, required when dealing with the novices

Lifetime Member

WOW! With out ever meeting Shawn I feel like I lost a friend. He helped me out tremendously. This is very sad, and a huge loss to the EFI Live community.
    2002 Z06
    Vengeance Racing Stage 5, H/C/I/3.90 diff, 575 hp
    2016 Chevy SS M6 (daily driver)
    Roto-fab Intake

That is terrible news! Our deepest sympathies and thoughts are with Shaun's family and friends at this time.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Lifetime Member

Devastating, Im at a loss for words.

Shawn helped us all out on this site, this is a huge shock to me. I only talked with him on here a few times but hoped that he, Joe, and I could work on a Calc.VET setup for the E38/67 ECMs.

RIP Shawn, you will be greatly missed.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

WOW is all I can say! Rest in peace Shawn, GOD bless you and your family. You will truly be missed a very very valuable and friendly member. :( RIP
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

Oh i hate hearing this! Shawn has helped me on and off the site.. Super intelligent and helpful guy. My prayers are with the family, he will be deeply missed in the automotive world. Thank you Shawn for what you have left us with, However.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

My condolences to his family and friends. Shawn was a great contributor here and no doubt in person he was true gentleman.

Simon

Lifetime Member

I don’t know what to say. In the internet age, you can develop a friendship with someone you have never met - sort of like being a “pen pal” when I was a child. Shawn was a friend to so many of us, and a true gentleman. I’m certain Shawn will be missed by a great many people, for a multitude of reasons.

Joecar

If you think it would meet with Mrs. Sankey’s approval, my family would like to send flowers (or some acknowledgement) to the funeral home / or a donation to the Sankey’s designated charitable organization.

Remorsefully,
    Taz

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast