Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: In Memory of Shawn Sankey

Lifetime Member

Hi Kristen, glad to have you on here!

As Joe said, this is THE place to ask questions. LOTS and LOTS of questions!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

This was not want I wanted to read. RIP Shawn, you were one of the most helpful people on here. Thank you for that....

Wow...I just happened to be reviewing his Calc.VE thread after a 3 week break from the site and was struck by his screen name's subtitle of RIP. This is indeed tragic. I didn't have the fortune of having a personal relationship with Shawn as the rest of you did. However, the fact that his latest tutorial was the only source of useful support on this forum that was directly addressing an ongoing problem I am struggling with on my projects made the news of his passing feel every bit as personal a loss as it could ever be. My prayers, condolences, and donations go out to his family and friends. R.I.P. Shawn
    Trailblazer "RS" 5.3L 6L80 4x4 & '07 TBSS LS2 6L90 AWD

I'm greatly saddened to hear this, Shawn was always out to help anyone on here and I cannot thank him enough for the help he personally gave me and I give him the credit for my camaro running a good tune . My thoughts are with his family. RIP Shawn

Although i have not written much on the forum i have been lurking around for quite some time and reading stuff. I had just started tuning my car this summer and was helped and encouraged by Shawn. After a few weeks when i returned, i noticed what had happened. Very tragic and sad indeed. It came as a horrible shock to say the least.. Its a strange thing with internet and how it connects people you would never have met otherwise.. I really admire people like Shawn who stay on forums just to help people by contributing their own wisdom and knowledge to complete strangers. That truly shows proof of a kind, warm and friendly soul.

My thoughts goes out to Shawn and his family.

You will be missed...

God bless

I just read this news today. This is a sad tragedy for the family of a great guy! I have corresponded with Shawn on a number of occasions and he was always helpful, kind and courteous. I belatedly, express my sympathy to Kristen and all of Shawn's family. I will pray for God's grace and the healing of their many memories regarding the tragic loss of Shawn.

All my best,

Steve

I just read this and its very sad. i read many of his postings and it was great for him to share his knowledge with us
    9.8@150 . LQ4 Turbonetics Billet 7575@18psi, 6 speed, non-intercooled with meth. Speed Density, open loop, no PE.

Having taken a extended break from tuning and obviously this forum, it is very sad news to hear such a helpful and clearly loved person has passed.

The news even harder to take hearing Shawn left behind such a young daughter.

RIP Shawn

God is merciful and kind and loving. May His peace be with all who mourn Shawn. We are so thankful for his contributions. Blessings and condolences to family.
    '12 Caprice PPV 6.0 L77 - daily transportation
    8.7 @ 84 (1/8 mile) bolt-ons

'02 Silverado RCSB 5.3 L59 - regularly street driven
    8.2 @ 86 (1/8 mile) stock cam and spray
    8.6 @ 84 (1/8 mile) cam and heads no spray

Our YOUTUBE CHANNEL featuring the Silverado

I just read this as well and am very saddend by this. He has helped me out a great deal. He will be sadly missed. May shawn live on through this site..
    2001 camaro z28 ss vert with factory slp upgrades, Hooker long tubes, 3"y-pipe to a 4" muffler, ,airlid,s.s.r.a. ,t.c.bypass,descreened m.a.f. 232/234 .595,.598 +2 comp cam with ported and polished stock heads with .650 lift dual springs and a bowl grind. tuned with EFI Live. All combined to achieve 29 m.p.g. and 399 r.w.h.p. with 384 lbs of torque. sold...

Now own a 2015 1LE camaro

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast