Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 98 Corvette Bench Tune Help

Making a harness should be easy enough to do with what I have. I'll have to watch the pin call outs for LS1-A and LS1-B

Thanks for all the imput.

Lifetime Member

No prob, if you can its probably easier to leave the PCM in your car and have an OBDII port installed so you can log and make quicker changes. A bench harness is nice for mail order tunes or if you cant communicate with a PCM in a vehicle, but Id never use one for making small adjustments to a tune. Too much work pulling the PCM out of the car and reinstalling it 5 min later, only to repeat in another 15. Lots of time blown doing that. My .02.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Bruce,

Did you get the OBD2 port wired into the harness...?

I have the port in my 55 between console and pasenger seat. I haven't wired my truck yet but it will have the OBDII port under the dash. I have another 98 Vette that has a light "Bump" in the front I'll use for my next truck build. It runs but has a leaky radiator. I can use that car to bench tune the PCM for my truck for the time being. Before I pull the PCM from the red vette I'll remoove the VATS and Emissions. I also have a 99 PCM I want to play with for my 55. I'll waite until I have this tunning down.

Thanks for the help Ya'll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    No prob, if you can its probably easier to leave the PCM in your car and have an OBDII port installed so you can log and make quicker changes. A bench harness is nice for mail order tunes or if you cant communicate with a PCM in a vehicle, but Id never use one for making small adjustments to a tune. Too much work pulling the PCM out of the car and reinstalling it 5 min later, only to repeat in another 15. Lots of time blown doing that. My .02.
    Your right on leaving it in the car to tune. I just didn't realize that on this build. My son is building a 240z Datsun with a 98 LS1 and I'll have to tune that the same way or wait until it's done and remove what he wants just before it's fired up for the first time.

Hey I've already learned a ton from everyones imput on here. I plan on staying with this until I consider myself a "Tuner" {:o)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12