Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 98 Corvette Bench Tune Help

Default 98 Corvette Bench Tune Help

I've built another hot rod using a 98 Vette, auto trans. I'd like to learn how to remove the VATS and Emissions. Other than that I left the donor stock. I'd like help going through the process. I'm using the FlashScan V2.

Have you read the PCM yet?
    If yes, then maybe post the file up and someone can sort you out.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Hello Tuned55,

Thanks to the kind folks at EFILive the LS1-A PCM does not require licencing - they are free to tune. In an emissions exempt Hot Rod application, the following should point you in the correct direction.

VATS
    • G1201 - None
    • G0801 - No

EGR
    • B1301 - Disable

Then go the "Engine Diagnostics" folder, "Engine DTC Processing Enablers" subfolder ... set whatever devices are not in use to "Not Reported".

Regards,
    Taz

have not read it yet. I have it all ready but unsure where to plug it into my V2 FlashScan

Lifetime Member

Need to have a standard OBDII connector wired up to the engine harness to read it. Or build a bench harness that has an OBDII plug, external power, and LS1 PCM connectors.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Need to have a standard OBDII connector wired up to the engine harness to read it. Or build a bench harness that has an OBDII plug, external power, and LS1 PCM connectors.
    Ok, I have two harness's to use. Where would I find more info for this. Or sould I just plug into one of my cars to do it?

Thanks

Lifetime Member

Not sure exactly what you mean Bruce, you need to have the factory OBDII connector from the donor vehicle hooked into the engine wiring harness correctly. On factory vehicles this is under the dash, not sure where you put it in your swap though. Once it is there (or if it still is), just hook your FlashScan up to it and use the V7.5 software to read the tune out.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

I was under the impression the ecm's could be flashed out of the vehicle on a bench. I have a couple old take out harness's I could have used for this purpose.

Lifetime Member

Yes that can be done too, refer to the PCM Pinouts pdf. Open V7.5 tune or scan tool, click help->tutorials and select the pinouts or bench harness pdf (forget what its named).

Check out www.eficonnection.com for some more ideas, they have some really nice bench harnesses. Even if just to look at and get a better idea of what you need to do.
    ~Erik~

Lifetime Member

LS1-A and LS1-B PCM bench top type programming harnesses begin by using the same raw materials (C1 (Blue) connector) - but that is where the similarity ends - these must be wired differently (different pinouts) for LS1-A or LS1-B applications.

Regards,
    Taz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast