Thread: Would anyone care to walk me through.........

Default Would anyone care to walk me through.........

I'm lookng for help learning EFILive with FlashScan V2. I'd be happy to call at your convinence while I'm sitting in a 98 Vette hooked up and ready to go. My goal is not so much to tune at this time as I want to remove VATS and emissions. I played with this now for the 3rd time since I bought it a year ago and I just need some basic help. I'm in MT time zone pretty much any time would work for me.

Thank You

Hi Bruce,

VATS: see table G1201.

Emissions: set all the emission related DTC's to Not-Reported (disclaimer: for off-road usage only), be careful to retain DTC's that would provide you useful info if a component failure occurs.

Lifetime Member

Hello Bruce,

I provided you with LS1-A specific VATS info, EGR info, and general emissions info in your other thread attached below ...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....ench-Tune-Help

Follow those directions as a starting point, and monitor any / all DTCs as you go.

Regards,
    Taz

I realize you provided the info for the fix but my issue is how do I get to the proper area to correct it?

Lifetime Member

Hello Bruce,

Two ways to connect to your LS1-A PCM - the OBD-II port in the vehicle wiring harness that will be used in your project, or a bench top interface. EFI Connection offers LS1-A bench top tuning harnesses, and also bench top tuning power sources. I own all of of their Gen IV ECM / TCM harnesses - the workmanship is excellent and the price is competitive.

Regards,
    Taz

Quote Originally Posted by Tuned55 View Post
    I realize you provided the info for the fix but my issue is how do I get to the proper area to correct it?
    Hi Bruce,

Open the file in the tunetool, enter in the table id in the search box on the upper left (enter it with first letter in uppercase) and click Search... I can walk you thru that on the phone if you like.

Do you have the file from your PCM, please post it here.