Thread: Noob questions ?

Default Noob questions ?

First question relates to the VE table, I want to know if auto smoothing of this table is reccomended ?

Second question relates to throttle cracker, I've been playing with this to make the engine fall to idle, it was staying two to three hundred RPM above idle and then slowly comming down after stoping or slowing down, now I have zeroed throttle cracker airflow in gear from 400 to 1600 and it seems to help but I still have a delay, what should I do from here ?

Related to the throttle cracker question, after making the adjustment I noticed it helped out my low RPM bucking (1000~2000 RPM), how does that make sense ?

Last question, what is the easyest way to lean startup and idle without messing with the running ?

Thanks for putting up with my Noobness.

Cheers
    Jamie
    2001 Z06, G5X3 cam, AFR heads, LG long tubes.

If you think about it the engine pumps air and airflow doesnt suddenly shift values when moving tps slowly from one value to the next, so in my opinion smooth is always good, just alter the rate of change where required. (ie) 1,2,3 or 2,4,8,16,32 but not 1,9,4,27 kind of thing.

Dont forget the follower decays out whatever is put in when you drop tps, so if its hanging and dropping too slowly take a look at the follower decay settings.

Cracker is additional airflow vs rpm, kind of like a raised idle for when you are moving.

Once you are in closed loop you cant lean up the idle. If you are in open loop you can just command a leaner idle. As for startup, thats outside of my current sphere of understanding
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.