Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: E37 anti theft disable

Lifetime Member

Bill, good to hear V8 was able to full flash the E37. Dont know why V7.5 cant, but Id try to use V8 as much as you can because V7.5 is deprecated and only being used until the full V8 tune file editor and scan tool are released.

If VATS are set to Type 1, try using Type 2 or 3. I think there is a note in the VATS patch description that suggests using Type 2 or 3. Ive found usually most vehicles are Type 1 from the factory, honestly not sure what Type 2 or 3 are/do. Try changing them and flashing it again (dont believe a full flash is needed for this part, but double check in the table description).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

ScarabEpic, Bill and I are working together. I believe we may be a bit confused here. All along we had believe that the VATS Patch is applied automatically. I now believe there is another procedure for applying the patch.

Is there something that we have to do to apply the "VATS PATCH"? If so, what is it. I have searched through the documentation and cannot find it. Any help with how to "APPLY THE VATS PATCH" would be appreciated.

Lifetime Member

Yup I read that somewhere ha! To apply the VATS patch, you need to actually apply the patch to the tune file (just click Apply VATS Patch), change the VATS Type to 2 or 3, save the file, then full flash the file to the ECM. It sounds like you've done all of this except changing the VATS Type, give that a shot and full flash it for kicks to see if it works. Not sure if you'll need to adjust the starter relay diagnostics or not.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Bill, good to hear V8 was able to full flash the E37. Dont know why V7.5 cant
    Because we are trying to retire V7.5 at some point, this is also why V7.5 won't read / flash the E39, E78, E83 ECM's that V8 can.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

First, I want to thank you for all the help.

...but, I am not seeing this option, anywhere. Exactly where is the button or option to "APPLY VATS PATCH"???

Is it in V7.5, or is it in V8? Which menu? What button?

Here is what I have done so far:

In the "Navigator" menu
    Under the "Calibration" Tab,

The "System" folder
    Subfolder: "VATS"
    The following parameters are configured as follows:

{G1204} VATS Enable: No
    {G1205} VATS Auto learn Enable: Yes
    {G1206} VATS Required to Run: No
    {G1208} VATS Fail Diagnostic: Disabled
    {G1209} VATS mode: Yes
    {G1210} VATS Type: Type 2
    {G1214} Relearn Count: 3
    {G1215} Relearn Timer: 60

In addition, I also have the following set:

In the same calibrations tab, under the System Folder, subfolder: "Cranking", the following parameters are set:

{G1213} Clutch Depress To Crank: Yes
    {G1217} Maximum Cranking Time: 15
    {G1219} Starter Relay Diagnostic: Disabled
    {G1220} Starter Relay Type: Apply to 12V

I have been a programmer for many years. I've done a lot of system's programming (Everything from VAX to Windows and Linux) as well as device driver development and applications development. Perhaps I am being too literal. To me a "PATCH" is a section of code used to overlay a binary, object or executable file at a specific location with the intent of altering data, executable code, or both...

I have not been able to find anything that says: "Apply VATS Patch". Does one of the above options apply the patch automatically?

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks again,

Yup I read that somewhere ha! To apply the VATS patch, you need to actually apply the patch to the tune file (just click Apply VATS Patch), change the VATS Type to 2 or 3, save the file, then full flash the file to the ECM. It sounds like you've done all of this except changing the VATS Type, give that a shot and full flash it for kicks to see if it works. Not sure if you'll need to adjust the starter relay diagnostics or not.

If you go to calibration G1210 you should see in the description a link to '{B9903} "Disable VATS Patch"', this is the VATS patch everyone is talking about.
    You might also notice the folder group that is coloured red called "Operating System Patches", the VATS Patch can also be reached going directly to there.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VATS_E37.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	11494  
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Make sure you have your V2 plugged in prior to opening the tune file. This is done to ensure no one can access proprietary information without owning an EFILive product.

The patch is applied simply by changing a table, just like changing the VATS type from 1 to 2 to 3 by selecting the appropriate button, the VATS patch is a simple Applied/Not Applied.
    ~Erik~

These options are not coming up for me. I made sure the FlashScan V2 was plugged into the usb bus prior to bringing up the Tune Program (V7.5). I also made sure that no tune file was open. The last sub-folder under the engine folder for me is Electronic throttle.

When I open the tune file, none of the things you point to are present.

How new is the V2? Is it possible this is a bug for the V2?

Thanks for your help. I thing we are getting close to an answer now...

I am sending the tune file to EFILive Support. Perhaps there is a bug there...

I have done that. The V2 is plugged in prior to my opening the file. No tune file is open and still no joy. The options don't appear.

Interestingly, I spent a few hours earlier trying to get the VIN Relink function to be active (not grayed out) and nothing I did would make that come up either. This is bizarre.

Thanks for the all of your help by the way. I was beginning to think that both Bill and I were going crazy. There was simply no place in the documentation that showed what GMPX just showed so we had no idea what to look for.

I appreciate your patience and I owe you one.

Make sure you have your V2 plugged in prior to opening the tune file. This is done to ensure no one can access proprietary information without owning an EFILive product.

The patch is applied simply by changing a table, just like changing the VATS type from 1 to 2 to 3 by selecting the appropriate button, the VATS patch is a simple Applied/Not Applied.

Sam, what is the operating system of the E37 file you have there? I just checked and we have the VATS OS patch available for all known production cars using the E37.
    Can you try opening up the E38 tune that is installed when you install the software and see if the same patches are available for it? It's called '2009_Holden_E38.tun', located in \Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bins

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast