Thread: Help with EFI Live

Default Need Some Help

I am looking into one of the Flashscan V.2s for my shop but i need help to understand this whole thing.

Let assume i have a Flashscan V.2 with 1 VIN license.

1) Is there anything i need to install in the vehicle for the flashscan to work ?
    2) If im using someones tunes, is all i do is hook up the FS, upload the tunes to the ECM, and then remove the FS from the vehcile and all done ?
    3) If im not planning on doing my own tuning but using someone elses tunes, do i need a FS V.2 ?
    4) If im planning to use tunes for both Cummins and Duramax powered vehicles, is their a particular FS V.2 I need to buy ?

Thanks in advanced for the help = )

1. No. V2 connects to OBD2 port on vehicle.
    2. Yes (V2 has black box flashing ability). But of course make sure the tune is right for the vehicle.
    3. Yes you need a V2 for flashing your PCM/ECM, unless someone else flashes it for you.
    4. You need both the GM and Cummins hardware options for reading and flashing.

Lifetime Member

That said, if ALL you are doing is flashing tunes from a tuner then perhaps an AutoCal unit might work for you as well. Cheaper than a FlashScan V2 but you cant do your own tuning.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I might step up to my own tuning later but at this point i dont have the knowledge and our shop doesnt have the capitol for a FS V.2.

If an Autocal would be good for me then i will look into it.

Joecar, you say for #3 that i cant use an autocal to upload a custom tune from someone else ? Ill most likely be using Underground diesel for duramax and innovative diesel for cummins.

Worstenemy453, #3 I'm not sure... someone else would have to have the ability to write/icense to your specific Autocal...

Erik, what do you think...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Worstenemy453, #3 I'm not sure... someone else would have to have the ability to write/icense to your specific Autocal...

Erik, what do you think...?
    I think i could only do up to 6 different vehicles with the autocal if i was uploading other people's tunes with it too. so id need a new one every 6 vehicles right ?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Worstenemy453 View Post
    I think i could only do up to 6 different vehicles with the autocal if i was uploading other people's tunes with it too. so id need a new one every 6 vehicles right ?
    I thought ACs had room for 8 licenses, might be wrong though as I only have 3 on mine.

And as Joe said, whatever tuner you're working with would have to explicitly save a tune file for you to flash with the correct VIN, OS, etc for each truck you want to flash. If you plan on doing a few trucks then no big deal, but for a bunch its going to be a constant back and forth with your tuner.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.