Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Schematics for E67 & E38 hardware

Maybe true..... But you don't get anywhere if you don't set some lofty goals and try..... Failing a few times is all part of the journey.

I'll eventually get where I'm going even if I end up reinventing engine management I suppose.

Googling hasn't turned up much.... Figured I'd ask the experienced before retracing their steps or blazing a new trail.

Quote Originally Posted by gmh308 View Post
    Are there many of those flip chips in there? What do they do?
    There is seven, the functions of them I am not sure. I suspect some will be output drivers, maybe input buffers, a power supply regulator, I'm not really sure.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by NateD4 View Post
    Figured I'd ask the experienced before retracing their steps or blazing a new trail.
    Given that you neglected to state your intent from the outset (that's called dishonesty or misrepresentation), the above statement equates to "stealing someone elses ideas and hard work, so I can profit from it".

I suggest you go somewhere else for your "research" ... I for one will not look favourably on any further posts from you.

Regards,
    Taz

Taz,

I think you've misunderstood this thread.

Lifetime Member

I understand just fine ... you've been exposed for what you are ...

Regards,
    Taz

And what exactly am I?

I certainly don't see where you think I'm being dishonest.

I'm building an engine project as many other people on these forums do. I don't see that as being dishonest. I certainly see no harm in asking the questions I have.

Again you seem to not understand something but I'm at a loss for what that is.

GMPX,

What you've described in your previous post sounds essentially like BGA ICs.

What I am trying to get a feel for is the type of I/Os available. Of course I figured the first place to start is to ask if anyone else already knew. A schematic of the E38 and E67 would have answered all my questions as far as what the hardware can do. Second to that a block diagram would have been helpful also.

My question is now one of the available I/Os and drivers. I'm curious what bit rate the A/D and D/A blocks are. I'm also curious about the amplifiers that are used to drive things. Are they all analog or are they mixed analog and digital.

I thought maybe someone might know already. If not I guess I'll have to try to figure it out.

Lifetime Member

This Forum is dedicated to enthusiasts assisting enthusiasts with the direct application of the EFILive software - that's not you.

You are correct, there is "no harm" in asking any question - but people with shred of morals or integrity would not ask certain questions of others.

By the same logic, there is also "no harm" in responding to your questions with phrases similar to "get lost" or "go elsewhere" - similarly to an unwanted interloper.

Regards,
    Taz

Enthusiasts helping enthusiasts. It sure sounds like it. I'm not sure why I don't qualify as 'a direct application of the EFI Live software'. Also I certainly saw nothing so far in the forum that said it is limited to 'cookie cutter' uses of the software. It even appears to me that custom OSs aren't that uncommon with EFI Live members.

Additionally I don't see how you can question my moral integrity, you really don't know me that well. I also find it slightly ironic that you are so concerned with integrity. This is after all a forum for a product which essentially has reverse engineered another company's intellectual property. On top of that they are profiting from it (or at least charging money). Does that make it more legitimate or having more integrity.

Ironically I picked EFI Live because the people on the forum seemed more cooperative and knowledgable than other competing products.

I also don't see why certain questions shouldn't be asked. This is a forum for people using EFI Live and for those that wish to tune engines with it. I'm sure the idea of a custom OS that adds functionality isn't new. I'm merely asking about adding VGT to the OS and discussing things I consider pertinent to it.

Again I don't see the problem it is within the spirit of what has already been done....

Quote Originally Posted by NateD4 View Post
    GMPX,

What you've described in your previous post sounds essentially like BGA ICs.

What I am trying to get a feel for is the type of I/Os available. Of course I figured the first place to start is to ask if anyone else already knew. A schematic of the E38 and E67 would have answered all my questions as far as what the hardware can do. Second to that a block diagram would have been helpful also.

My question is now one of the available I/Os and drivers. I'm curious what bit rate the A/D and D/A blocks are. I'm also curious about the amplifiers that are used to drive things. Are they all analog or are they mixed analog and digital.

I thought maybe someone might know already. If not I guess I'll have to try to figure it out.
    It seems that you are over-thinking this...

is your intended project the vehicle or the ECM...?

get an engine controls schematic and use the ECM in the same manner as shown on the schematic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast