Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Release Update July 29, 2011

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default Pre-Release Update July 29, 2011

A Pre-Release update of the EFILive V7.5 and V8 software is available for download.
    This software update is a pre-release version and has not yet completed testing at EFILive.
    Only install and use this update if you require one or more of the fixes and/or updates it contains.
    Please do not use in a production environment until this update has been publicly released.

Auto Update:

Is not available for pre-release updates, you must manually download and install the pre-release from the links below.

Manual download/install available here:

Important information
    New ECM Support: E83 (Service #12636386)
    We have added the ability to read and flash this ECM, however, no calibration files have been provided in this beta release, we are just looking for stock tunes to be Emailed in.
    The E83 is currently used on the following US vehicles: (there maybe other European / Asian Chevrolet branded markets also using this ECM)

• 2011-2012 Chev Cruze 1.8L (LUW)
    • 2009-2011 Chev Aveo 1.6L (LXV)
    • 2009-2010 Pontiac G3 1.6L (LXV)
    • We also expect the new 2012 Chevrolet Sonic to use the E83.

Bosch gas ECM read/flash:
    This beta also gives users the ability to read and flash the Bosch E55, E69 & E77 ECM's. It is important to understand that EFILive is not actively working on providing a full tuning solution for these ECM's. We have however had a number of customers request that we allow the ECM's to be read and flashed using V8 (V2 or Autocal) as they are using tuning packages from Europe that allow them to save files in open .bin formats. All they wanted was a way to read/flash the ECM's.
    There is no stream option for these and it will cost you $99 per vehicle. There has not been extensive on vehicle testing for these ECM's, hence, it's beta.

Script Files
    Script files have been updated. The latest script files must be copied to FlashScan/AutoCal devices to maintain compatibility with the latest V2.07.17 firmware.

Known Issues:
    Issue #1
    Sometimes at the start of a read or flash operation the V7.5 software will complain that it cannot communicate with the FlashScan device. Sometimes after clicking [Ok] the software is able to reconnect. Sometimes you need to restart the read or flash procedure and other times you need to exit and restart the Tuning Tool application.
    We are trying to find a set of actions that can reliably reproduce that situation. If you know of any way to cause that error to occur reliably, please let us know at support@efilive.com

Issue #2

Attempting to read a CMB/CMC controller using standalone reading (BBR) when no vehicle is connected to FlashScan/AutoCal may cause FlashScan/AutoCal to hang. In that case you should power cycle FlashScan/AutoCal to regain control.

Reporting Issues:
    If you discover any problems/faults, please make a note of them in this thread.

What's new in this update:
    Black text indicates changes made in the July 27 update.
    Red text indicates changes made in the July 29 update.
    Green text indicates changes made in the July 31 update.

V7.5.7 Build 175 (July 31, 2011)

• Fixed address errors for table B1848 in E37 12628330, 12617248 and E67 12628999, 12635947.
    • Added two more limiting tables, E2536 & E2567 for Cummins.
    • The blue registration card "License Type" descriptions now correctly match the V7.5 licensing options in the "Register EFILive" Window.
    • Lowered H0101 hard-limit by 1% to prevent extremely high values from causing the PCM to fail.
    • Added three new states for the GM.TCCMODE PID: "Slew Releasing", "Slew Applying" and "No Change".
    • Removed FRPADES and FRPACOM from the V8 E35A (LBZ) and E35B (LMM) definitions.
    • Fixed V7.5 EFILive Firmware Programmer to correctly recognize the difference between V2.04.xx and V2.05.xx boot block versions.
    • Fixed out of range speedo calibrations not being detected reliably.
    • Fixed problem that caused calibrations (tagged in red) such as the VATs patch for E37 to not be visible for some users. I.e. those who are using FlashScan devices purchased new in the past few months.
    • Fixed LS1 speedo calibration H0104 showing as out of range when it was not.
    • Fixed menu option Edit->Copy for export to V8 so that it copies DMA PIDs correctly.

V8.2.1 Build 165 (July 31, 2011)

• Fixed LBZ/LMM V8 full-flash.
    • Fixed $0322 error when flashing some controllers.
    • Device settings are now automatically read from the connected/active device when opening Device Settings page in V8 EFILive Scan and Tune.
    • CAN full-flashing in V8 has been optimized for many controllers.
      Example speed increases: E39 full flash was 3:44 now 2:47, E38 full-flash is 20 seconds faster, T42 full-flash is now under 1 minute.
    • Forced HAPI window to be displayed when a firmware update is available - instead of the system tray balloon which was not obvious enough.
    • Fixed PID descriptions that were not displaying correctly for some EXT.DYNxxx PIDs

FlashScan/AutoCal Bootblock V2.07.03 (July 25, 2011)

• Security Update.

FlashScan/AutoCal Firmware V2.07.18 (July 31, 2011)

• Fixed BBL not starting sometimes when LBZ/A40 controllers are being logged simultaneously.
    • Fixed AutoCal simple-menu read-options which incorrectly displayed existing file names for the last 3 read options.
    • Fixed CMB standalone flashing.
    • Fixed BBL problem where some PID's values were not being displayed correctly at the start of the log - until their value changed.
    • Fixed AutoCal BBL problem which caused the firmware to crash/reset when starting a log or selecting PIDs.
    • Fixed AutoCal failing to start BBL.

Please see this thread for previous changes to the pre-release software.
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....011#post150557

Regards
    Paul
    Last edited by Blacky; August 5th, 2011 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Updated to July 29 pre-release
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I just updated my laptop to Build 174 & 164 and when I open a Manual Corvette Tune for a 1998 or 2000 (19980400 or 09381344), I get a window with H0104 is Out of Range (H0104 is 805.1953). These are old tunes that never had this error before, Is this a Build 174 problem or do I just have to put corrected values in the tune? I have not tried to read the PCM yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	H0104 Out of Range.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	11531  

This has already been forwarded on from your email :-)
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by Ninety8C5 View Post
    I just updated my laptop to Build 174 & 164 and when I open a Manual Corvette Tune for a 1998 or 2000 (19980400 or 09381344), I get a window with H0104 is Out of Range (H0104 is 805.1953). These are old tunes that never had this error before, Is this a Build 174 problem or do I just have to put corrected values in the tune? I have not tried to read the PCM yet.
    One of the updates listed in the first post is:

• Fixed out of range speedo calibrations not being detected reliably.

That means the speedo cals are now checked more thoroughly to ensure out of range values do not cause the PCM to fail.

However, the valid range for H0104 is
    16.0 minimum pulses per mile
    5000 maximum pulses per mile

So you should not be getting that error message. I will check to see why that is happening.

Regards
    Paul

It only seems to be the 6 speed cars and H0104 is 805.1953. The automatic cars seem to be in the range of 2120 - 2615 depending on rear end ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    So you should not be getting that error message. I will check to see why that is happening.
    It was a fault in the updated speedo range checking. It has been fixed and will be available in the next update.
    That should be posted later tonight.

Regards
    Paul

The July 31 update has been posted (see first post), it fixes the following issues:

• Fixed LS1 speedo calibration H0104 showing as out of range when it was not.
    • Fixed PID descriptions that were not displaying correctly for some EXT.DYNxxx PIDs
    • Fixed AutoCal failing to start BBL.
    • Fixed V7 menu option Edit->Copy for export to V8 so that it copies DMA PIDs correctly.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks for the update!! Just downloaded both of them.
    06 Cummins Reg cab srw
    Smarty/MP-8 838/1691
    EFILive unknown......

Any luck with the connectivity issues? I haven't updated to this pre-release but the last stable release acts up like crazy when connecting....

www.redline-motorsports.net

1-954-703-5560

2006 ZO6 895/866 with APS TT
    2010 SSRS Camaro HTR-900TT (798/801)
    2011 HTR-850R Camaro
    2012 ZL1 Auto (10.33@135 MPH) Video Here!

Have you posted about your issues somewhere Howard? I had a look for any posts on this problem and couldn't find anything to refresh our minds.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast