Thread: Dsps

Default Dsps

I've seen reference to this in several threads I want to see if I'm heading the right direction. What I've seen is that you want a big tune in the non dsp to make the dsp tunes more effective? Ie non dsp being the race tune and the others be the small ones?

Thanks

Mike

Yep, that's the basic idea. You don't have to have the race tune in your dsp one, BUT, if you get a race tune from someone that's high horse, I would highly recommend putting it in the one position and making your other tunes (2-5) off of the race tune.

So are you saying. Convert the race rune to the dsp5 os?

Lifetime Member

There is no reason to put the race tune in position one and you're likely better off putting a nice tune in position one so if the switch falls apart it's still nice to drive. With no switch a DSP 5 defaults to position one. Wouldn't want your kid breaking the switch with his bat and suddenly having the baby sitter driving a race truck.

There is a rumor that there is more control in position one, but if you think it through you'll see why it makes no sense. Every tune, one through five uses the same set of tables that the switch doesn't control. Moving from position one to any one of the other positions just substitutes a small set of tables with different ones. There is exactly the same amount of control over the tune in each position of the switch.

Ira

Ira has a point, however, dsp1-4 has the main tables we use for tuning and not the "small" limiter tables...the reasoning for running the race tune on full voltage is due to it not having those small limiters...BUT you can just set those small limiters up however it was originally in the race tune and then have them however...generally when a tuner scripts over the file it is with the race tune and automatically goes to full voltage... many of us have there.limiters enabled on the smaller tune which is why we don't script that one in the position. But everyone does things differently so to each his own.... no right or wrong way!
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/