Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New tables

Default New tables

Can someone please explain to me the new tables in the pre-release? E2536 Fuel Limiter, Table Selection 2 and E2567 Equivalence Ratio Limit (Especially this one.) Are one these the tables the one we have been looking for regarding the 2800RPM full fuel limiter? Or Torque Limiter?
    Last edited by FUBAR; July 27th, 2011 at 02:08 PM.
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Yes it is (for the most part) those tables... Obviously you can see where mm3 is being limited by E2536 and the limiting is starting around 2700rpms so that makes sense. The Eq ratio table is part of the limiting culprit also. My results beta testing were anything above 2 would cause no limting...i did not see a advantage of going above 2, however. Hope this answer a couple of the questions...There is still some limiting going on, but with all the tricks i have full fueling to 3800 rpms. We are still yet to try the big pulse tune, but holds 2450 no problem.
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

We are getting a number of Emails with limiting problems still, you aren't alone.
    We are continuing to work on it as best we can, unfortunately reverse engineering isn't an exact science, but at least we do seem to be making progress with each small update.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Ross... keep up the great work, we by no means are complaining about the groundbreaking accomplishments you guys are introducing to the cummins community!
    -Kory

I'm out of ideas? Nah trick... When in doubt, 0xFFFF it out!

http://www.PPEI.com/

Dmaxink, I certainly didn't take it as criticism, knowing the problem exists is the only way it can be fixed after all. It's not like we are the first company to be left scratching our heads with the Cummins ECM, it's a pretty unique piece of hardware for sure.

Probably the hardest part is trying to fix the problem via the internet, it's tough not having a vehicle strapped on a dyno and playing with changes we think might make a difference.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Good deal. So what is a Equivalence Ratio? And what "Base" (0,1,2,3,4) tables in the column are E2536 viewing from. Basically, which ones in the tunetool?

Thanks,
    06 5.9L, EFILive / Silver Bullet Tuning
    06 LBZ, EFILive

Ok, Equivalence Ratio (EQ Ratio) is essentially the fuel mixture. A little over the top Wiki Explanation can be read HERE. We assumed this table could be used by the ECM to limit injector pulse width if it thought the Air/Fuel ration would result in smoke. Remember, OEM's do not want smoke.
    The 0,1,2,3 thing relates those those Air Density selections. Base + 1,2,3,4. Base just looked silly in the axis label. I'm guessing most will just get set to max anyway.

Ross,

Could you send me the pre release please?

I'm strapping the truck back on the dyno tomorrow and would like to see what we get.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

You can grab it right here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....e-July-27-2011

Cheers,
    Ross

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    You can grab it right here:
    http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....e-July-27-2011

Cheers,
    Ross
    ....and the blind man sees the light.

Thanks Ross.

1207 HP / 1612 TQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast