Thread: External flashscan inputs (EXT.AD1 & EXT.AD2) are not working properly!

Default External flashscan inputs (EXT.AD1 & EXT.AD2) are not working properly!

PIDS EXT.AD1 and EXT.AD2 are not reporting correct voltage back to the scan tool.

I was attempting to log my wideband when I found the issue. Basically with the inputs unplugged from the controller EXT.AD1 is reading 2.5 volts with and EXT.AD2 is reading 3.333 volts. (This is with nothing hooked up) This voltage should read ZERO!

When I connect the wideband signal in which was 5.0 volts (verified) EXT.AD2 showed 4.8 volts but does not fall below 3.33 volts... and EXT.AD1 does not change at all when signal is connected.

It acts like the circuitry is fried with the external inputs.

Right now I am working around this issue by sending the wideband signal though the A/C pressure sensor, and it is working great. But if this thing is fried... How do I go about getting it fixed?

Thanks

Lifetime Member

Hello TransAm-Z,

The AD inputs to the V2 need to be calibrated ... take a look at the excerpt from the thread below ...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread....l=1#post150110

Mr. Prick pointed out using the V2 keypad for programming ... excellent advice .. I have yet to try this.

Regards,
    Taz

I thought maybe I should upgrade my firmware, but I am having an awful time finding "F6: Device Settings" as the instructions say. I have a flashscan V1.2 and currently it is loaded with Interface firmware version: 1.2.17

What am I missing?

Upgrading FlashScan & AutoCal Bootblock and Firmware Versions

Follow these steps to upgrade the Bootblock and Firmware on your FlashScan V2 or AutoCal device.

1. Connect your FlashScan V2 or AutoCal device to your PC.
    2. Open the EFILive Scan And Tune application.
    3. Select the F6: Device Settings option in the left-hand pane.
    4. In the bottom right corner of the FlashScan and AutoCal Device Settings screen click on the image that represents the FlashScan V2 or AutoCal device you have.
    5. The EFILive Control Panel application should appear in your system taskbar. The icons appearance will resemble a FlashScan V2 device.
    6. Click on the EFILive Control Panel icon in the taskbasr to open the aplication.
    7. Select the F6: Firmware option in the left-hand pane.
    8. If an updated Bootblock and/or Firmware is available Upgrade buttons will be visable for the available update(s). Note: Always update the Bootblock version first.

Additional Steps

After updating the Bootblock version on your FlashScan V2 or AutoCal device additional steps may be necessary to update the Firmware version. This will generally be the case after a major Bootblock version upgrade.

Follow these additional steps if your FlashScan V2 or AutoCal device stays in deadpoll mode after updating the Bootblock (indicating that the device does not have valid Firmware installed):

1. If the Bootblock and Fimrware versions in the EFILive Control Panel are not automatically updated press the Refresh button.
    2. Press the Upgrade button in the Firmware section to install the latest firmware for the installed Bootblock version.

Upgrading from 2.04.x Bootblock and Firmware

More details and direction regarding Bootblock and Firmware updating is included in the Upgrading FlashScan.pdf document located in your C:\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Documents folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Documents on 64 bit systems).

Specifically this document describes the process if upgrading from the legacy 2.04.x Bootblock and Firmware versions.

I think what you are missing is that you own a V1 interface, not the current model V2. All of these instructions are for the new one. Depending on your AFR meter, if it has a serial output, it would be well worth it to upgrade to the V2.
    Al
    "Trash that carb and get Injected!"

Hi TransAm-Z,

Download/install V7 from here: Pre-Release-Update-July-29-2011